April 12, 2021, 08:24:55 PM

Author Topic: The Witcher ( tv series)  (Read 4677 times)

Offline cupiscent

• Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
  • an nonsense
    • viscerate.com
Re: The Witcher ( tv series)
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2021, 10:14:08 AM »
My first thought was "I have heard nothing about this??" (which surprised me because I kick around at the edges of a few Cavill-adjacent fan communities, including the Witcher). When I went through to look at twitter - on the search terms suggested in the article - honestly the numbers on any of the tweets turned up are nothing special, and half the tweets in the search term are people facepalming about the idea of "cancelling" Cavill for something so trivial. Yeah, there are people talking about it. There are a lot of people talking about ANYTHING on twitter. I think this is more the author of that article getting his knickers in a twist about something that isn't really a thing. Much like most of the people tweeting about it.

Online Magnus Hedén

• High Lord of commas and Grand Master of semicolons
  • Mistborn
  • My name is Magnus. I make stuff up.
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2021, 10:19:04 AM »
The people who write these articles make their living mining outrage. I think the best way of dealing with silly claims like this one is ignoring them. Any response gives them exactly what they want: more attention, which means the potential for more outrage, which means more ad clicks.

Offline Neveesandeh

• Ambient Mage
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2021, 05:10:20 PM »
I finished the books a few days ago. I thought they were pretty good, but not great. I preferred the novels to the short stories.

I'm excited for the TV series though. I don't think it will be a very faithful adaptation but I like the sound of some of the things I've heard they're planning to add and I'm not the biggest fan of the books anyway.