July 15, 2020, 12:24:34 PM

Author Topic: Skyrim!!!!!  (Read 15694 times)

Offline Toc the Youngest

Skyrim!!!!!
« on: August 27, 2011, 02:03:59 AM »
Anyone that loved Elder Scrolls IV is probably counting down the days until Skyrim comes out.  I know I am.  Part IV was one of my favorite games ever...I would get so completly into it that I would lose entire days.  Deep and immersive storyline and gameplay and you get to become a vampire! I hope they do the sequel right.  Looks like I will be killing dragons November 11...
"Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living." - Duiker

Offline Shamrock

Re: Skyrim!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 06:38:24 PM »
I know! Ah I'm so excited I could die! Well hopefully play it and then die from the awesomeness.
Books are the blessed chloroform of the mind

Offline Toc the Youngest

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 11:01:41 PM »
I always wanted to die from awesomeness
"Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living." - Duiker

Offline Majin Paul

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 03:25:15 PM »
I didn't like 3 and never completed 3, but I'm getting Skyrim since I enjoyed Oblivion and, well, it looks ace.

Offline Overlord

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 09:06:06 AM »

I'm going to be killing Dragons for a living :)
Founder: http://fantasy-faction.com
Editor: Fantasy-Faction Anthology (Aug 2014)
Author: "Son of…" in 1853 (2013)
Host: Fantasy-Faction's Grim Gathering

Offline MTMaenpaa

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 06:18:47 PM »
Fingers-crossed that we can ride a mammoth...
Foodie, Chef, Writer, Reader, Father, Geek

http://laughingcook.wordpress.com/

Offline Toc the Youngest

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 12:52:02 AM »
I will be shooting lightning at said mammoth...

Offline nilling

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 04:23:52 PM »
Finally got around to buying a PS3 for the blu-ray player ;) so thought I'd better try at a few games so bought Oblivion secondhand for £10. Really enjoying this RPG. The Skyrim trailers look frackin' awesome!
“My reality is based on a head shot being a kill shot.”

Offline Gothos

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 09:10:26 PM »
I've been working on my character for a year now. Coming up with a really good back story and all that. I even spent a bit of time on Oblivion travelling round the edge of the mountains trying to get a good look at the lands to the north. Yes I'm that much of a nerd.
I saw them on the shores
the deepening pits of their gaze
vowed immortal war
against the sighing calm
of Jaghut seas . . .

Gothos’ Folly
Gothos (b.?)

Offline Toc the Youngest

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2011, 10:31:18 AM »
I've been working on my character for a year now. Coming up with a really good back story and all that. I even spent a bit of time on Oblivion travelling round the edge of the mountains trying to get a good look at the lands to the north. Yes I'm that much of a nerd.

Too bad they won't be adding any multiplayer component or we could walk the mountains together and maybe rape and pillage a few towns.

Offline squiggle

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2011, 11:32:34 AM »
i am also very excited. my biggest worry is that it will completely hamstring my writing!
If my hearts the weapon, my minds the extra clip

Offline Toc the Youngest

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2011, 11:48:02 AM »
i am also very excited. my biggest worry is that it will completely hamstring my writing!

Yes, that is a problem. One night while i was completely consumed with Oblivion I kept getting a nagging feeling that I was supposed to do something. For the life of me I had no idea what it was. In the game I had just been turned into a vampire(a twist I never saw coming) and I was totally transfixed on the game. At 9:00 pm my very angry wife bursts into the house informing me that I missed my four year old son's first play and my phone is turned of. I was like "oh yeah, I knew I was supposed to do something.". Needless to say I was in the doghouse for quite a long time. Probably one of the worst things I've ever done. But it was a kickass game.

Offline squiggle

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2011, 01:42:08 PM »
Yes, that is a problem. One night while i was completely consumed with Oblivion I kept getting a nagging feeling that I was supposed to do something. For the life of me I had no idea what it was. In the game I had just been turned into a vampire(a twist I never saw coming) and I was totally transfixed on the game. At 9:00 pm my very angry wife bursts into the house informing me that I missed my four year old son's first play and my phone is turned of. I was like "oh yeah, I knew I was supposed to do something.". Needless to say I was in the doghouse for quite a long time. Probably one of the worst things I've ever done. But it was a kickass game.
yeah, er, hah - that's pretty bad!
If my hearts the weapon, my minds the extra clip

Offline Gothos

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2011, 06:08:41 PM »

Too bad they won't be adding any multiplayer component or we could walk the mountains together and maybe rape and pillage a few towns.

At least they have NPC's that can accompany you on your plundering.
I saw them on the shores
the deepening pits of their gaze
vowed immortal war
against the sighing calm
of Jaghut seas . . .

Gothos’ Folly
Gothos (b.?)

Offline RG_Sanders

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2011, 05:33:56 PM »
On the Elder Scrolls-related subject, there is also Kingdom of Amalur: The Reckoning coming out next February. Looks like it blurs the edges of  Elder Scrolls and a Fable kind of game. It's developed by the lead designer of both Morrowind and Oblivion, and is created by R.A. Salvatore (DemonWars) and Todd McFarlane (Spawn).

Could be an interesting follow-up, y'know, when you've finished Skyrim in, oh... June? (Big game, eh?)

RG.