May 24, 2019, 08:16:42 PM

Poll

Who should play Fatty Bolger in the new Amazon LOTR series?

Ricky Gervais
0 (0%)
Kit Harrington
1 (50%)
James Corden
0 (0%)
David Tennant
1 (50%)
Jmack
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: Peter Jackson to film new Middle Earth film  (Read 6241 times)

Offline Nighteyes

• Send me Leopard Erotica.
  • Ringbearer
  • OH WOW! JUST WORKED OUT HOW TO DO THIS!!!!!
    • View Profile
Peter Jackson to film new Middle Earth film
« on: April 01, 2015, 02:45:51 AM »
It seems Peter Jackson is not finished with Middle Earth quite yet.  News from New Line Cinema is that Jackson is to return to New Zealand later this year to film a seventh Middle Earth film tentatively titled 'The Fatty Bolger chronicles.'  The film will be a sidequal to Lord of the Rings and tell the tale of the Battle for Middle Earth from the perspective of the  beloved 5th hobbit, Fatty Bolger.  An insider has revealed that this will be the chance to put on film much loved moments from the original trilogy such as the barrow wights, Tom Bombaldil and the razing of the Shire.  For years fans have grumbled about these scenes not being included in the original films and now finally they will be seen on the big screen.  Currently it is rumoured that popular British comedian and actor James Corden will play Fatty Bolger.

Anyone else excited about this?
The Real Powers That Be

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
Re: Peter Jackson to film new Middle Earth film
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 03:12:18 AM »
It seems Peter Jackson is not finished with Middle Earth quite yet.  News from New Line Cinema is that Jackson is to return to New Zealand later this year to film a seventh Middle Earth film tentatively titled 'The Fatty Bolger chronicles.'  The film will be a sidequal to Lord of the Rings and tell the tale of the Battle for Middle Earth from the perspective of the  beloved 5th hobbit, Fatty Bolger.  An insider has revealed that this will be the chance to put on film much loved moments from the original trilogy such as the barrow wights, Tom Bombaldil and the razing of the Shire.  For years fans have grumbled about these scenes not being included in the original films and now finally they will be seen on the big screen.  Currently it is rumoured that popular British comedian and actor James Corden will play Fatty Bolger.

Anyone else excited about this?
I'm completely surprised. I can get behind it, though. Could be fun!
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Elfy

• Writing contest regular
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • Purple Dove House
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 04:16:05 AM »
It would appear you've managed to hook at least one. To everyone else I say, look at the date people.
I will expand your TBR pile.

http://purpledovehouse.blogspot.com

Offline ArcaneArtsVelho

• Secretly I'm laughing about jurassic raccoon testicles. And a Writing Contest Regular
  • Auror
  • Only partially responsible for my custom title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 07:56:43 AM »
I woke up today prepared for this. Nice try, though, Nighteyes. ;D

It would appear you've managed to hook at least one.
In Jmacyk's defence, I think he was still living in the past (meaning yesterday) when he replied. It's hard to do things like this when there are people from widely different timezones around. :)
Everything I wrote above is pure conjecture. I don't know what I'm talking about.

I'm a perfectionist but not very good at anything. That's why I rarely finish things.

Offline Nighteyes

• Ringbearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 08:08:58 AM »

In Jmacyk's defence, I think he was still living in the past (meaning yesterday) when he replied. It's hard to do things like this when there are people from widely different timezones around. :)

I persona?ly think J-Mack was being a good sport and playing along in hope we might entrap a few unwary souls.
The Real Powers That Be

Offline ArcaneArtsVelho

• Secretly I'm laughing about jurassic raccoon testicles. And a Writing Contest Regular
  • Auror
  • Only partially responsible for my custom title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 08:30:15 AM »

I persona?ly think J-Mack was being a good sport and playing along in hope we might entrap a few unwary souls.
You might be right. And if that is the case (and even if not), I'm truly sorry for my part in ruining the trap. :(
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 08:38:32 AM by ArcaneArtsVelho »
Everything I wrote above is pure conjecture. I don't know what I'm talking about.

I'm a perfectionist but not very good at anything. That's why I rarely finish things.

Offline Nighteyes

• Ringbearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2015, 10:56:23 AM »

You might be right. And if that is the case (and even if not), I'm truly sorry for my part in ruining the trap. :(

Awww. That's all right. You weren't the one who ruined the trap.
The Real Powers That Be

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2015, 12:20:55 PM »
I believed it :-[
But I wasn't interested, hehe
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Online xiagan

• Writing Contest Organizer
  • Powers That Be
  • Elderling
  • Master Procrastinator
    • View Profile
    • Fictional Times
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2015, 04:33:01 PM »
I may have believed it if the name of that hobbit (he left the others before they became famous) hadn't been so silly. ;)
"Sire, I had no need of that hypothesis." (Laplace)

Offline JMack

• Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2015, 08:08:32 PM »
I am actually the most gullible human being on the planet. Have to tell you about my son, the horse and carriage and spring break one day.

But if you want to think I was a sharp character and playing along, that's ok by me!  ;)
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2015, 01:30:48 AM »
Wow, That gave me some feels!
Good shot! I was about to jump into my rage panties and rant about it! Close call!  :o
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Offline ultamentkiller

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2015, 03:05:25 AM »
Totally got me. If no one had said a word about it being a joke, my response was going to be, another one?

Offline JMack

• Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2015, 03:10:28 AM »
But I'm a pathetic Tolkien fanboy.
I'll totally take another Jackson film,
and I loves me some Fatty Bolger and Tom Bombadil!
 :-[
(I may need an intervention)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Elfy

• Writing contest regular
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • Purple Dove House
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2015, 04:54:04 AM »
But I'm a pathetic Tolkien fanboy.
I'll totally take another Jackson film,
and I loves me some Fatty Bolger and Tom Bombadil!
 :-[
(I may need an intervention)
You should take a trip to Hobbiton in NZ. You'll hear some stories about some extremely obsessed fans there. The couple who spoke fluent Elvish, but one of them couldn't speak a word of English and her spouse had to translate everything into Elvish for her. The two guys who took the tour, bought one of the 'one ring' copies (at $700 a ring) in the gift shop, then dropped it into Mt Ruapehu (the active volcano in NZ that doubles as Mt Doom). One of them took a helicopter flight over, and the other one said that was cheating and hiked up it, then sent footage to the Hobbiton people to prove that he'd done it.

Offline Nighteyes

• Ringbearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2015, 12:40:36 PM »
Totally got me. If no one had said a word about it being a joke, my response was going to be, another one?

Awww.  Looks like the prank would have fooled a few of you.  Just a shame the Elfybot2343a didn't understand the concept of a joke.

Elfybot2343a: New Peter Jackson Hobbit movie?  *initiate google search* *no matches *non logical post* ERROR ERROR Must warn forum or posters will believe FALSE post is TRUE WARNING WARNING

Don't worry Overlord is working on a new humour chip for him, and then next we will try to teach him about the human emotion of love! :P
The Real Powers That Be