July 13, 2020, 02:54:59 AM

Author Topic: Person of Interest  (Read 1894 times)

Offline Eclipse

• Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
  • Dragonrider
    • View Profile
Person of Interest
« on: July 16, 2015, 08:34:18 PM »
I searched and couldn't find anything about the show,is it only me who enjoys it? I think Michael Emerson as Mr Finch is brilliant. It reminds me a bit of Repairman Jack
According to some,* heroic deaths are admirable things

* Generally those who don't have to do it.Politicians and writers spring to mind

Jonathan Stroud:Ptolmy's Gate

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
Re: Person of Interest
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 08:42:13 PM »
I searched and couldn't find anything about the show,is it only me who enjoys it? I think Michael Emerson as Mr Finch is brilliant. It reminds me a bit of Repairman Jack

I loved the show, but somehow stopped watching in the middle of the most recent season. It just felt it wasn't going anywhere much. Plus, I never like it when a show files off the sharp edges from characters - which happened with Root.

I'll get back to it at some point.
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 09:12:28 PM »

I loved the show, but somehow stopped watching in the middle of the most recent season. It just felt it wasn't going anywhere much. Plus, I never like it when a show files off the sharp edges from characters - which happened with Root.

That.
I was enjoying, but then got bored with it. I think the last episode I watched was
Spoiler for Hiden:
when Carter died :'( Probably because she preferred to be filming Empire, which is super hehe
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

I'm "She Who Reigns Over Us All In Crimson Cheer", according to Peat!

Offline ArcaneArtsVelho

• Secretly I'm laughing about jurassic raccoon testicles. And a Writing Contest Regular
  • Auror
  • Only partially responsible for my custom title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 10:03:13 PM »
I have watched three seasons now and I think it's a decent show with some good characters (and performances from their actors and actresses), but it does feel a little stagnant at times. Still I'll probably watch season 4 when it airs here.

That.
I was enjoying, but then got bored with it. I think the last episode I watched was
Spoiler for Hiden:
when Carter died :'( Probably because she preferred to be filming Empire, which is super hehe
Bea's spoiler-tagged episode was from the third season, but I believe season 4 is the most recent (at least in the US?), so @Jmack, just to be clear, was it the third or fourth season that made you stop watching?
Everything I wrote above is pure conjecture. I don't know what I'm talking about.

I'm a perfectionist but not very good at anything. That's why I rarely finish things.

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
Person of Interest
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 10:53:42 PM »
4th... interersting premise, but somehow lost me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Lejays17

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2015, 12:37:52 AM »
I really enjoyed the first 2 seasons, and most of the third, but I don't think I'm going to keep watching it, it's lost something for me somewhere.

I preferred the ones that don't focus on the over-story, and that seems to be what they've moved on to now.  (It's the same when I watched X-files; I much preferred the stand-alones to the mythology arcs)
"Logic, my dear Zoe, merely enables you to be wrong with authority." The Doctor - Wheel in Space

"It's not destiny!  It's a crazy scientist with a giant snake!" Sinbad - For Whom the Egg Shatters

Offline RemadeGold

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2015, 12:42:48 AM »
I got behind and need to catch up, but I really like this show.
~your ravenously affectionate forum buddy

Offline ArcaneArtsVelho

• Secretly I'm laughing about jurassic raccoon testicles. And a Writing Contest Regular
  • Auror
  • Only partially responsible for my custom title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2015, 09:47:57 AM »
4th... interersting premise, but somehow lost me
Okay, thanks. I guess I just have to wait and see if it's interesting enough to keep me watching.  :-\

And welcome, @remadegold! (I don't have the time now to go to the "Say Hi, I'm new" thread to welcome you.  ;) )
Everything I wrote above is pure conjecture. I don't know what I'm talking about.

I'm a perfectionist but not very good at anything. That's why I rarely finish things.

Offline RemadeGold

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2015, 05:02:39 PM »
Yeah, I really do like it; I  just got behind, and apparently prefer to watch one show at a time these days.

@ArcaneArtsVelho -  Thanks! hello!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 05:16:58 PM by remadegold »
~your ravenously affectionate forum buddy

Offline asabo

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2015, 05:09:30 PM »
I loved this show when it started. Finch and his relationship with John and Bear was so interesting. And the machine's relationship to Finch... But then the big bad took over and the premise changed. I missed a couple shows and then didn't feel like catching up.

It's the same with a lot of shows that I call "Traveling Angel" like Supernatural or the old Bill Bixby Hulk - A-Team was the epitome of it. They find someone to help and get in trouble to finally prevail. Then I think the writers get bored or something and an undefeatable adversary arrives and the monster-of-the-week episodes go out the window.

I felt the same way about the Borg.
Lethal Seasons - Apocalyptic Science Fiction (no zombies)
http://allthereisandtherestofit.blogspot.com/p/lethal-seasons.html