November 15, 2019, 04:36:45 PM

Author Topic: Justin Cronin's The Passage starts on TV  (Read 747 times)

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
Justin Cronin's The Passage starts on TV
« on: January 09, 2019, 12:59:08 PM »
In the UK it's on FOX, starting next Tuesday 15th.

I assume they'll use the whole trilogy. I quite enjoyed book 1, book 2 was ok and I couldn't finish book 3, maybe on screen it will be better...
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
Re: Justin Cronin's The Passage starts on TV
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 04:20:21 PM »
Weird story. I had a CEO back some years ago, a patrician lush, sort of retired on the job, who told me one day that he expected “The Passage” to be the next big big BIG thing in publishing. I imagine he’d encountered an article that said so. I read the first book on his recommendation and quite enjoyed it. But somehow, I was never impressed enough to go on to the other two.

Unrelated to The Passage, but continuing with this CEO, he’s a fellow who would/should have been swept up in Me Too incriminations, I think. HR had to assign a staff person to make sure he got back to his own room during conventions and conferences.
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
Re: Justin Cronin's The Passage starts on TV
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 12:54:17 PM »
Today at the bookshop these books were in a prominent place, with the "as seen on tv" notice.
Good luck to those that get the books based on the series!

We're almost at the end of the first season (I've watched 7 episodes, and nowadays a season is what, 8, 10?) and it's about 5% book (around the first 100 pages, with many changes) and 95% invented plot.
 ::)
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams