December 10, 2019, 09:15:29 PM

Author Topic: Game of Thrones Season 6 with spoilers for books and TV Show  (Read 17199 times)

Offline ultamentkiller

Spoilers! Spoilers all around!

So let's talk about episode one, since there's not a thread for it yet for some reason.

First, the Red Woman walks into the room with Jon, says she thought she saw him fighting at Winterfell in the flames, and then walks out. What? This is not how it went in my head! That's the moment when you're supposed to resurrect him! We're not done with him yet though. he has to come back. I won't accept he's gone until I see him burning in the flames.

Cersei gives a accurate speech about her own character? Since when does she start realizing her own character flaws? She should be screaming, yelling, angry, anything but introspective. It just seems too sudden of a change for me.

Someone burned Daenerys ships. That sucks. So we're not getting to Westeros any time soon?

Daenerys is going to live with all the old women forever! Interesting. Where is her dragon at this point?

The snakes killed the Prince of Dorne and Tristain. Oh well. Where's the other guy that went down to Merene in the books? Does he not exist yet?

Sansa is under Brienne's protection. That's good I think. Now they go looking for Arya?

Arya is being taught how to be Daredevil. That had to hurt.

And The Red Woman is really, really old. Weird.

Offline Arry

• Cat of the Canals
  • Administrator
  • Elderling
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
    • Tenacious Reader
Re: Game of Thrones Season 6 with spoilers for books and TV Show
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 01:00:54 PM »
Spoilers! Spoilers all around!

So let's talk about episode one, since there's not a thread for it yet for some reason.
People over seas will hate us about now since it hasn't aired there yet:) But, since you started it ....

First, the Red Woman walks into the room with Jon, says she thought she saw him fighting at Winterfell in the flames, and then walks out. What? This is not how it went in my head! That's the moment when you're supposed to resurrect him! We're not done with him yet though. he has to come back. I won't accept he's gone until I see him burning in the flames.

They are drawing it out. I still will be shocked if this is the end of his character. I suppose it *could* be, that his complete sense of honor and duty brings him down as it did Ned Stark. But I doubt it. It pained me to watch last night, but I'm still holding out that she will wake her old ass up in the morning and fix him. If not, then maybe he become a white walker. Who knows :)

Cersei gives a accurate speech about her own character? Since when does she start realizing her own character flaws? She should be screaming, yelling, angry, anything but introspective. It just seems too sudden of a change for me.
Maybe her time in prison being chided and then her naked walk of shame through the city actually impacted her some. Though, I do think she has said love no one but your children or something like that in the past. Say what you want about Cersei, but you can't deny she loves her children and now she has lost two of them. And you know, that speech was a way to turn her daughters death into a scene about herself too. So, between all the prison crap, plus the death of a child, I didnt feel like this scene was a sudden change. As evil as she can be, she has had some horrifically humbling experiences lately. That said, I think it was just a moment. I think she will come back with a vengeance once the initial grief passes.

Someone burned Daenerys ships. That sucks. So we're not getting to Westeros any time soon?

Daenerys is going to live with all the old women forever! Interesting. Where is her dragon at this point?
pfft... Yeah, I doubt that. Once Drogon rests up/heals, he will find her. Or the dynamic duo of Jorah and Daario will make some amazing rescue.

Sansa is under Brienne's protection. That's good I think. Now they go looking for Arya?
That's what is sounded like in the preview.

Arya is being taught how to be Daredevil. That had to hurt.
Ha! I like Arya, but have to admit to loving that scene

And The Red Woman is really, really old. Weird.
Yeah, there were hints of this in the book (pretty sure).
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only once.”
-- George R.R. Martin

http://www.tenaciousreader.com

http://www.speculativeherald.com

Offline Hedin

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 01:07:24 PM »
Yeah I don't understand why Mel didn't resurrect Jon then.  It would be one thing if she came down and said I have preparations to make which would push it back but it just felt weird to me.  Maybe they're going to have it setup so that she receives another vision from the flames or something?

Just like the books Dorne continues to be stupid.  Unlike the book maybe the show is just going to write that place off and move on on now.

Burning Dany's ships leaves an opening for Euron (or whichever brother they pick) to show up with his fleet to transport her.

All in all it was an ok episode which is to be expected with a first episode as they have to set the scene for the events that are coming next.

Offline ultamentkiller

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 04:25:41 PM »
Maybe her time in prison being chided and then her naked walk of shame through the city actually impacted her some. Though, I do think she has said love no one but your children or something like that in the past. Say what you want about Cersei, but you can't deny she loves her children and now she has lost two of them. And you know, that speech was a way to turn her daughters death into a scene about herself too. So, between all the prison crap, plus the death of a child, I didnt feel like this scene was a sudden change. As evil as she can be, she has had some horrifically humbling experiences lately. That said, I think it was just a moment. I think she will come back with a vengeance once the initial grief passes.
I didn't get the selfish approach feeling from that scene, but it makes sense. And she has been through two children deaths. Maybe she's realizing her approach isn't working? Hmm.

Burning Dany's ships leaves an opening for Euron (or whichever brother they pick) to show up with his fleet to transport her.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that guy. Makes sense then. I barely remember anything that happened to him in DWD. I know he didn't make it there by the end though.

Offline Phil Norris

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 09:56:53 PM »

Ahem, started June 23rd 2015 and half down the page below this one....

http://fantasy-faction.com/forum/fantasy-movies-video-games/game-of-thrones-(tv-show)-season-6-possible-book-spoilersspeculation/

« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 10:01:24 PM by Phil Norris »
To have an idea is not enough - no matter how good the idea is.

Offline ultamentkiller

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 10:27:00 PM »
That was for speculation I thought. That's why I created this one.

We can move stuff over if you want...

Offline Hedin

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2016, 03:28:19 AM »
The most annoying and pointless cliffhanger is finally resolved.

Offline ultamentkiller

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2016, 05:21:12 AM »
My thoughts on Season 6 Ep 2. Spoilers below!

I love how Hodor is a much more complex character now. I really want to know what's caused his trauma. Is Hodor a person? Some place? What does it mean to him?

I'm really hoping Tomen doesn't become a little Cersei. Hopefully Jaime will help balance him out, especially since he knows the value of the time spent with his children now.

Is Arya done being blind? She hasn't cheated with her warg ability yet so... Oh, and she still can't fight blind yet.

I was scared for Tyrion for a bit. I think he qualifies as an unkillable, but someone suggested that he might take the other guy's place and get all burned up. I figured he would live through it, but still. Glad that never happened.

Ramsay Snow = dead soon. Yay! The scene with the baby was terrifying. I knew it would happen as soon as he sent for them, but I still didn't want to know how. *shudders*

The Jon Snow thing had me worried for a second. The question is, how much of him is back? When Merrick was brought back from the dead, it was shortly after his death. It's been a day at least. Maybe two. Does that mean we've lost part of him? Will he struggle with his emptiness? Or since it's only been once, is he fine?

Best part of the show? Watching Balon walk out on to the bridge. I knew what was coming, and I wasn't disappointed. it was nice watching him die.

So yeah. Fun episode. I loved not knowing what was coming for the majority of the episode, and the suspense and jarring moments were done well. I'm definitely looking forward to next week!

Offline Hedin

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2016, 10:36:32 AM »
I think Jon has been brought back within a few hours (no more than a day) of his death.   Davos seems to discover the body pretty fast and while there is no reference of time it's still night throughout all of the Wall scenes.

Offline ultamentkiller

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2016, 11:11:30 AM »
I didn't think so because of the whole "if you don't come out by nightfall" thing. If it was already night time then why would he have said that?

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2016, 11:55:42 AM »
Definitely a day or so later.
Interesting how easy it is to break into Castle Black, otherwise known as Fort Toothpicks, when you're on the correct side of the Wall.

I kept thinking that Jon was hanging out inside his dire wolf and that this would figure into the resurrection. I'm a little disappointed they didn't take my lead on this. They could have at least asked me.  :P

Now I can't wait to see what Cersei and Jaime do about the Sept, the Sparrow, and their nasty little army of cudgel-wielding fanatics.
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline ultamentkiller

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2016, 12:39:52 PM »
Interesting how easy it is to break into Castle Black, otherwise known as Fort Toothpicks, when you're on the correct side of the Wall.
Fort Toothpicks. I don't know if you came up with this or heard it somewhere, but I love it, and shall use it from now on in place of Castle Black.

BeardKing

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2016, 04:12:14 PM »
When Merrick was brought back from the dead

That would be Beric Dondarrion, FYI. :)

I loved this episode of course because it sort of confirms so much with Jon.

Also can't wait for flashbacks with Bran! And Tyrion the Dragon Whisperer! So good!

Offline ultamentkiller

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2016, 07:17:31 PM »
Oops? My bad. Thanks. Is there a Merrick in the series somewhere or am I thinking of another book? Maybe Riyria? *shrugs* So many characters.

BeardKing

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2016, 09:15:31 PM »
lol, I hear you. Merrick is definitely in Riyria, but I don't think there's one in GoT, IIRC.