July 07, 2020, 04:23:16 PM

Author Topic: first trailer for Netflix's King Arthur show  (Read 165 times)

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
Re: first trailer for Netflix's King Arthur show
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 03:17:18 AM »
Mmmh whoa ok... To me this comes off as angsty YA fantasy. I'll be happy to be proved wrong, but I'll let others review it first. Not convinced at all. Production value seems ok though, which is a plus. I bet after the success of the Witcher it'll be easier to get a spunky fantasy with lots of bloody swords financed.

I'm much more excited for this horror take on an arthurian myth :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoJc2tH3WBw
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 04:07:13 AM »
I'm pretty tired of all these rehashes of the same myths/ legends. King Author mythos have been done to the death in almost every form/ version available to mankind, couldn't they come up with something more original?

Offline hexa

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 04:25:48 AM »
S.K. Inkslinger, I was happy to read your opinion.  I think that you expect a little too much from Netflix.  Netflix is not the place for seminal, groundbreaking shows.  Netflix is old-fashioned comfort food

Offline Elfy

• Writing contest regular
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • Purple Dove House
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2020, 08:07:36 AM »
I'm pretty tired of all these rehashes of the same myths/ legends. King Author mythos have been done to the death in almost every form/ version available to mankind, couldn't they come up with something more original?
You know a King Arthur nearly beat GoT into production. It found a home on Starz and was awful.
I will expand your TBR pile.

http://purpledovehouse.blogspot.com