November 24, 2020, 08:51:10 PM

Author Topic: Fellow gamers: Are you going with Cyberpunk 2077 or Assassin's Creed: Valhalla?  (Read 434 times)

Online Eli_Freysson

Valhalla is coming on November 10th, and Cyberpunk on the 19th. Cyberpunk has been hyped more than the Second Coming and is by all appearances the most detailed and multi-layered RPG eve made. Meanwhile, Valhalla has open world Viking mayhem, and seems to be sidestepping some of my peeves about previous AC games.

Dear God, why are they both coming out at roughly the same time?

Overall, Cyberpunk is probably the better game, but... Vikings. Also, November 11th is my birthday, so I could buy Valhalla to celebrate.

Still... Cyberpunk.

Damn it.

Is anyone else having trouble choosing between the two?
I'll notify your next of kin... that you sucked!

Online Alex Hormann

• Writing Contest Regular
  • Kingkiller
  • Bookworm first, human second.
I'll likely get both, but it's a matter of finding the time to play them. I love big games, but they're a real time investment these days.

Valhalla looks the more interesting, though the AC series hasn't really been the same since they got rid of Desmond.

Cyberpunk is likely a better RPG, especially if their previous games are anything to go by, but it's a genre I'm less keen on.

Edit: Just seen Cyberpunk is delayed until December 10, if that helps you decide.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 05:03:03 PM by Alex Hormann »
Blog: https://atboundarysedge.com

Twitter: @HormannAlex

Online Eli_Freysson

Edit: Just seen Cyberpunk is delayed until December 10, if that helps you decide.

Ah.

Well then... Yay, freedom from choice!

Offline HLTinsley

I'm getting AC Valhalla and I can't wait. I know there's been a bit of a split between people who think it'll be great and people who don't like the look of it but I'm happy to take the chance. I wasn't keen on Syndicate when it first came out but Frye won me over  ::)

Online Eli_Freysson

I'm getting AC Valhalla and I can't wait. I know there's been a bit of a split between people who think it'll be great and people who don't like the look of it but I'm happy to take the chance. I wasn't keen on Syndicate when it first came out but Frye won me over  ::)

Which one? I found Evie alright, but Jacob's childishness grated on me.

Offline HLTinsley

I liked them both (eventually), although I had the same issue with Jacob. I found it less annoying the further into the game I got - but Evie was by far the better character, and definitely more playable in my opinion. I wasn't keen on Starrick as an antagonist, felt he was a bit bland. Roth was far more interesting.

Online Eli_Freysson

I wasn't keen on Starrick as an antagonist, felt he was a bit bland. Roth was far more interesting.

Oh God, yes. Roth was basically the Joker in Victorian London. WHY wasn't he the main villain??

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
Never got to really care for assassin's creed, so this is going to be an absolute no-brainer and be Cyberpunk 2077 all the way.
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Offline CameronJohnston

*sigh* Neither, until I get a better PC to play them on, which will be a while. After that, I'll likely be picking up Cyberpunk.

The Traitor God & God of Broken Things

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

Cyberpunk for sure. I've never really played much AC games besides the original Assassin's Creed, and I wanted to know how the producers of such an amazing game as the Witcher 3 will do with a scifi game.

Offline Skip

Given the delay on 2077, I reckon I'll be getting Valhalla.
Visit Altearth

Online Eli_Freysson

Given the delay on 2077, I reckon I'll be getting Valhalla.

High five! Let's teach those Saxons a lesson in complacency. My Nordic blood demands it.

Online Eli_Freysson

A new cinematic trailer, made to look like Eivor is a modern celebrity talking to a camera crew. Even though, you know, he's a 9th Century Norseman. It's oddly endearing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyANg9hwQ_s&feature=emb_title&ab_channel=Ubisoft

Offline Neveesandeh

I'm going with Cyberpunk, even considering the delay. The new AC games don't really appeal to me. I prefer the old games about the Italian Renaissance. And I think Ubisoft are releasing AC games too frequently.

Also, I would much rather play a game about Saxons fighting the Vikings.

Online Eli_Freysson

Also, I would much rather play a game about Saxons fighting the Vikings.

Eh. Not metal enough.  :)