July 17, 2019, 07:50:52 AM

Author Topic: Fantasy Kickstarter for the Blind and Sighted Alike  (Read 707 times)

Offline ultamentkiller

Fantasy Kickstarter for the Blind and Sighted Alike
« on: January 09, 2017, 04:08:19 PM »
Hey guys! So as the title suggests, there is an RPG for PC being made with a focus on blind gamers, but graphics are included to make the game accessible for everyone else as well. Right now, I imagine the graphics aren't the best, but they work to get the message across. However, if you're willing to donate to this wonderful project, they promise to make sure the graphics become better than than the bare minimum!

I'm really hoping this project goes through. It would be amazing to have a popular game that both sighted and blind people can enjoy. Please support this project, even if it's only 10 dollars.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1112411595/a-heros-call-an-accessible-fantasy-rpg

Offline The Gem Cutter

• Captain Analogy
  • Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
  • We've exhausted all possibilities - time to begin.
    • View Profile
    • The Gem Cutter Tales
Re: Fantasy Kickstarter for the Blind and Sighted Alike
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 05:00:28 PM »
I will. And I'll ask my friends to support as well.
The Gem Cutter
"Each time, there is the same problem: do I dare? And then if you do dare, the dangers are there, and the help also, and the fulfillment or the fiasco. There's always the possibility of a fiasco. But there's also the possibility of bliss." - Joseph Campbell

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 02:12:28 AM »
I have recently downloaded  a game of this type in the android app store. It's called "A Blind Legend". You play it only by listening to the various sounds/ insructions and sliding your fingers on the screen in accordance. A very fun game, playable by both blind and normal players! Will check yours out too.

Offline ultamentkiller

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 05:39:25 PM »
Oh yeah. I've seen people play that game. If it had a better plot, I would've jumped on it.