August 20, 2019, 11:43:53 AM

Author Topic: Any Gunnerkrigg Court fans?  (Read 913 times)

Offline RandomCamel

Any Gunnerkrigg Court fans?
« on: May 18, 2015, 05:49:06 PM »
The comic tells the story of Antimony Carver, a young girl who has just started attending a strange and mysterious school called Gunnerkrigg Court. She is accompanied throughout the storyline by her friend and classmate Katerina Donlan and her companion Reynardine, a demon living within a stuffed animal.

The comic's style and themes include elements from science, fantasy creatures, mythology from a variety of traditions, and alchemical symbols and theories; the literary style is heavily influenced by mystery and manga comics.

You can read from page 1 here http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1

Offline DariusTheTolerable

• Coreling
  • Professional Worthless Layabout and "Writer"
    • View Profile
Re: Any Gunnerkrigg Court fans?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 03:17:19 AM »
 :'(  Thank you, RandomCamel.

Knowing other people love Gunnerkrigg Court makes me want to burst into song.

Gunnerkrigg is a gorgeous, almost melancholy fairy tale.  The atmosphere is enchanting and nostalgic, and the characters are an utter delight. It manages to be poignant, witty, and one of the best fantasy/sci-fi stories I've read in a long time.

Gunnerkrigg Court is amazing, and I strongly recommend it to anyone with even a remote interest in fantasy.  It's worth it.
"I try to avoid having thoughts. They lead to other thoughts, and-if you're not careful-those lead to actions.
Actions make you tired. I have this on rather good authority from someone who once read it in a book."
- Lightsong, Warbreaker

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
Re: Any Gunnerkrigg Court fans?
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 12:28:52 PM »
This is delightful! Thanks for sharing. Had never heard of it.
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com