December 06, 2019, 03:55:09 AM

Author Topic: Fantasy-Faction Book Battles: Favourite Series Bracket  (Read 37194 times)

Offline Raptori

• Barbarian who does not use the Oxford comma and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • the prettiest kitty cat in the world
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy-Faction Book Battles: Favourite Series Bracket
« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2015, 10:21:55 PM »
The whole forum has been marginally quieter, I think. Could be people starting back at work after holidays or something?  :-\
I wish the world was flat like the old days, then I could travel just by folding a map.

Offline m3mnoch

« Reply #46 on: August 28, 2015, 10:31:42 PM »
The whole forum has been marginally quieter, I think. Could be people starting back at work after holidays or something?  :-\

that'd be my vote.  i've had lots of work getting in my way, for sure.

Offline Hedin

« Reply #47 on: August 28, 2015, 10:43:55 PM »

What is this holiday thing you all speak of?   You mean people don't work 52 weeks each year?

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2015, 11:36:09 PM »

What is this holiday thing you all speak of?   You mean people don't work 52 weeks each year?
Well, if @m3mnoch or @Raptori would just say intersting things or post interesting links to art and stuff, it might be a bit more energized around here. ;)
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Raptori

• Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2015, 11:43:52 PM »

Well, if @m3mnoch or @Raptori would just say intersting things or post interesting links to art and stuff, it might be a bit more energized around here. ;)
Me? Post something interesting:o
I wish the world was flat like the old days, then I could travel just by folding a map.

Offline m3mnoch

« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2015, 01:11:38 AM »

Me? Post something interesting:o

right?  THE PRESSURE!

[youtube]O3sexvJM5Go[/youtube]

Offline Victoria Hooper

« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2015, 05:55:48 PM »
Feeling a bit bad about voting in cases where I haven't read one of the series, because I know I can't say for sure that I wouldn't like the unread series more. It does feel unfair. But I can't NOT vote for my beloved series just because I haven't read the one it's up against! I want them to get through!!

So I've decided that in cases where I vote when I haven't read the other series, I will add it to my TBR and make sure that I do read that other series soon. And if I like it I will recommend it to others. It seems like the right thing to do, and will hopefully also help me discover some new great books! I wanted to mention it in case others want to join me in this (no pressure to, of course, if you'd rather not). This way, there is a positive outcome for the non-winners too.  :)

Offline Hedin

« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2015, 08:19:22 PM »
I have my fantasy football draft tonight so it may be a little late before I get the next set up tonight but they will be up at some point.

Offline Hedin

« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2015, 04:03:42 AM »
Well we had our first two upsets (by seeding anyways).  The major one was Stormlight beating Wheel of Time which was #21 taking down #12.  Dresden also trounced Riyria but that was a #15 v #18 so less of an upset there.

Offline ultamentkiller

« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2015, 04:11:57 PM »
Wow. I feel like a poor fantasy reader this week. I've only read Harry Potter out of all the series up there. Lots on my TBR list though.

Offline Raptori

• Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2015, 04:36:31 PM »
Wow. I feel like a poor fantasy reader this week. I've only read Harry Potter out of all the series up there. Lots on my TBR list though.
Up until last December, I had only read two - Harry Potter and His Dark Materials. I've read five more since then (plus half of one Malazan book). Wish I still had some of them to look forward to, since some of them are great - you're lucky really!  :P

Offline Hedin

« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2015, 05:17:18 AM »
I think the votes are going to start getting really close and tough this round.   We probably won't have near the number of abstains going forward which will probably tighten up the voting some. 

Offline Hedin

« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2015, 02:48:13 AM »
I don't know how many more votes are going to come in but these are some tight races.

Offline Hedin

« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2015, 01:26:04 AM »
So we might need to start discussing tiebreakers....

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2015, 02:19:40 AM »
Oh eeek you're right! Farseer and First Law have the same at the moment.

I'm not sure what to do to to find a winner, though... it's not as if we can put Robin against Joe in a race or something :D
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams