September 27, 2020, 01:16:35 PM

Author Topic: Worst Fantasy Book Cover... Ever?  (Read 133213 times)

Offline Yora

Re: Worst Fantasy Book Cover... Ever?
« Reply #480 on: February 24, 2020, 11:06:33 AM »
This is about horror, but still about book covers that absolutely tell you nothing about their content.
We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on a big tower of other dwarves.

Beneath the Leaves of Kaendor

Offline Bender

« Reply #481 on: June 04, 2020, 02:28:19 PM »
Just starting this. Probably one of worst covers. It all blends in like a background radio noise and that neon blue font is plain horrible. Even on closer look, it's straight out of the initial Wolf games!

Hopefully the book is better than the cover!

"I shall hunt your firstborn children and laugh with glee as I tell them of your death in terrible detail, with many unpleasant adjectives!" - M-Bot

"Who needs science when you have a dragon?" - Neil DeGrasse Tyson in Sharknado 6

Offline Skip

« Reply #482 on: June 04, 2020, 04:08:13 PM »
Looks like a screen cap of a bad verion of Minecraft. And what is that stick? A practice sword?  You've a good candidate here.
Visit Altearth

Online ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Administrator
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #483 on: June 04, 2020, 04:09:37 PM »
It's awful! Where did you find it? I can't believe you're going to read it...
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

I'm "She Who Reigns Over Us All In Crimson Cheer", according to Peat!

Offline DrNefario

« Reply #484 on: June 04, 2020, 07:32:14 PM »
Superficially, it reminds me of Something Coming Through by Paul McAuley. I'm not sure I know how to do an image while I'm on the iPad, but the colours are similar. (Although there seems to be a black version of the McAuley cover, too.)

Offline cupiscent

« Reply #485 on: June 05, 2020, 12:06:21 AM »
Wow! That really is terrible. :o

Offline Neveesandeh

« Reply #486 on: June 05, 2020, 02:04:42 PM »
I think something like that could actually work if a bit more thought was put into it.

Offline Bender

« Reply #487 on: June 05, 2020, 02:38:07 PM »
And what is that stick? A practice sword?

The main weapon for the hero in the book is called Naginata. I googled it up and it looks like a polearm and nothing like the cover.  ???
"I shall hunt your firstborn children and laugh with glee as I tell them of your death in terrible detail, with many unpleasant adjectives!" - M-Bot

"Who needs science when you have a dragon?" - Neil DeGrasse Tyson in Sharknado 6

Offline isos81

« Reply #488 on: June 05, 2020, 03:58:41 PM »
And what is that stick? A practice sword?

The main weapon for the hero in the book is called Naginata. I googled it up and it looks like a polearm and nothing like the cover.  ???

How is the book?

Edit: Just saw your review on another post :)
Kallor shrugged. 'I've walked this land when the T'lan Imass were but children. I've commanded armies a hundred thousand strong. I've spread the fire of my wrath across entire continents, and sat alone upon tall thrones. Do you grasp the meaning of this?'

'Yes' said Caladan Brood. 'You never learn'