December 14, 2019, 04:19:18 PM

Author Topic: Which ones are you interested in?  (Read 141 times)

Offline Eclipse

• Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
  • Dragonrider
    • View Profile
Which ones are you interested in?
« on: December 02, 2019, 01:11:00 PM »
According to some,* heroic deaths are admirable things

* Generally those who don't have to do it.Politicians and writers spring to mind

Jonathan Stroud:Ptolmy's Gate

Offline DrNefario

Re: Which ones are you interested in?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 01:21:57 PM »
I've already picked up 3 of them. One was free, and the other two were 99p, and I was buying something else for 99p (Record of a Spaceborn Few, yesterday's Daily Deal) and thought I might as well make it worthwhile. (The lies we tell ourselves.) Never Die was a Countdown deal, so was due to stop being 99p at the end of the day. Although it was on KU/KOLL anyway so I could have got it for free if I'd been willing to wait.

The ones I currently have are Never Die, Sea of Broken Glass and Blood of Heirs. I don't realistically know when I'll get to any of them, though.

(Edit: It was Blood of Heirs, not Blade's Edge, and that was (and is) the free one, so I probably should have got it right.)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 03:44:06 PM by DrNefario »

Offline Bender

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 01:33:59 PM »
Even the blurbs aren't that captivating.

Sword of Kaigen and Spark City look interesting based on blurbs.

Been some time since I read a book based on Japanese mythology.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 01:47:22 PM by Bender »
"I shall hunt your firstborn children and laugh with glee as I tell them of your death in terrible detail, with many unpleasant adjectives!" - M-Bot

Offline Bender

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 12:45:18 AM »
I've actually started reading Sword of Kaigen now. Good beginning. Let's see how this goes...
"I shall hunt your firstborn children and laugh with glee as I tell them of your death in terrible detail, with many unpleasant adjectives!" - M-Bot

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2019, 04:01:45 AM »
I've heard lots of good things about Sword of Kaigen and Never Die, although I don't usually prefer reading oriental setting fantasy myself. (What an irony, since the novel I had written was Eastern mythology based) Maybeeee once my TBR pile dwindled somewhat...

Offline Bender

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2019, 03:03:43 PM »
50% in and loving Kaigen. Plot rolls like a well made movie. And to make things spicy....the most interesting character is the housewife/mom in a warrior family and her past. Well written till now.