December 07, 2019, 05:05:25 AM

Author Topic: What did you read in September 2019  (Read 827 times)

Online Bender

Re: What did you read in September 2019
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2019, 10:38:10 PM »
I'm getting increasingly jealous of you all month after month haha, when I think something broke my slump, it returns right back. It's been easier to read non-fiction.

What excites you the most? Pick a word or a theme.
Not all those who wander are lost

Offline Lanko

• Sherlanko Holmes, Jiin Wei and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
    • Lanko's Goodreads
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2019, 08:40:09 PM »
I'm getting increasingly jealous of you all month after month haha, when I think something broke my slump, it returns right back. It's been easier to read non-fiction.

What excites you the most? Pick a word or a theme.

Seems I don't know anymore haha
Slow and steady wins the race.

Lanko's Year in Books 2019

Offline Elfy

• Writing contest regular
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • Purple Dove House
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2019, 04:40:51 AM »
It was a very quiet September readingwise for me (only 3 books) I think the Aussie Rules got in the way, my team Richmond Tigers won their second Premiership in 3 years, so a lot of time was spent being joyful over that.

This is what I did read, though:

Middlegame by Seanan McGuire. This was an excellent urban fantasy/science fiction hybrid. The story of two people who were created to rule the world and their intertwined lives. It was departure for the author, and a good one.

Terminal Alliance by Jim Hines. The first science fiction I've read by Jim Hines and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Not surprisingly it was comedy, but not to the exclusion of story or character development. It's the first of a series, and I'll be on board for the sequel.

Silverthorn by Raymond Feist. This is part of the Riftwar trilogy, but I've always looked upon it and Darkness at Sethanon as a duology. It features Pug and Tomas from Magician and it goes briefly to Kelewan, but I felt that could have been removed and it would have worked even better as story that focuses on the quest of Arutha and Jimmy.
I will expand your TBR pile.

http://purpledovehouse.blogspot.com

Offline bdcharles

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2019, 02:38:31 PM »
"The Bone Ships" by R.J.Barker. Stunning read!
Find me on twitter @jd_books