December 08, 2019, 11:13:59 PM

Author Topic: What did you read in October 2019  (Read 467 times)

Offline Elfy

• Writing contest regular
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • Purple Dove House
Re: What did you read in October 2019
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2019, 04:20:51 AM »
Seems like all of us had a quietish month, I read 4.

A Little Hatred by Joe Abercrombie. This was very enjoyable, very typical Abercrombie, but the Circleworld has moved into the industrial age and it focuses on the next generation from his earlier works in the same setting. It will be fun and interesting to see how this plays out going forward.

Jade War by Fonda Lee. I was waiting for this and it did not disappoint. I felt it didn't have quite as much action as the first one, but it explored the world more and set up what promises to be a heart stopping conclusion to the trilogy.

Quillifer by Walter Jon Willams. This was quite a lot of fun, I like the world and the protagonist soldier of fortune Quillifer. It lost its way a little bit partway through and kind of meandered around a bit, but pulled it together for the end and set up future books.

Night and Silence by Seanan McGuire. The 12th of McGuire's October Daye urban fantasy series. Highly enjoyable and with some revelations that are sure to have big repercussions in Toby's life for the future.
I will expand your TBR pile.

http://purpledovehouse.blogspot.com