October 29, 2020, 09:03:28 AM

Author Topic: What did you read in March? Come share your list and thoughts  (Read 3354 times)

Offline SugoiMe

Re: What did you read in March? Come share your list and thoughts
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2016, 01:10:17 AM »
I got through Elantris by Brandon Sanderson in a week! 4/5 That's the fastest I've ever read a book, so it's a huge accomplishment. And to get through one book in a month is pretty big for me. I'm not just a slow reader, but I spend my waking hours either working or writing/editing.
"And then the time came when the risk it took to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anais Nin

Offline Captain Blobby

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2016, 12:22:44 PM »
Pretty slow month...

Red Country by Joe Abercrombie.

I'm at a point at the minute where new novels aren't really holding my interest as much as a re-read.

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Administrator
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2016, 12:36:50 PM »
But re-reads still count, totally :D I really want to re-read more, but the allure of new books just gets too much...

And don't feel bad whatever number you have, this thread is not a competition :)
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

I'm "She Who Reigns Over Us All In Crimson Cheer", according to Peat!

Offline Captain Blobby

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2016, 01:26:16 PM »
But re-reads still count, totally :D I really want to re-read more, but the allure of new books just gets too much...

And don't feel bad whatever number you have, this thread is not a competition :)

I think I came off as a tad depressing. I really enjoyed my re-read, taking my time where I would generally rush a first time read because I'd be eager to know what happens on the next page. The allure of new books happens for me this month when the next in the Greatcoats series comes out as well as Sharp Ends.

Offline Rayne

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2016, 11:17:44 AM »
I read Avalon and the sequel, Polaris, by Mindee Arnett. SciFi but quite YA.

Thoroughly enjoyed Avalon, just easy reading and quite fast paced. The sequel was enjoyable too but I think the effect was starting to wear off. Either way I had fun and they went quickly in between my assignments.

Every now and then between an epic fantasy I like to try a science fiction to separate things a bit. Next on my list is Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson  :)