January 28, 2020, 02:01:59 PM

Author Topic: Warbreaker (Brandon Sanderson)  (Read 6129 times)

Bryndled1

Warbreaker (Brandon Sanderson)
« on: January 09, 2011, 12:11:54 AM »
I all ready own this book in paperback but I decided I'd like to have it on my kindle, and I didnt really feel like paying Amazon $7.99 again

so I went to Brandon Sandersons website where he is giving it away.

http://www.brandonsanderson.com/drafts/warbreaker/Warbreaker_hardcover_1st_ed.pdf

I downloaded it to my computer told my computer to use adobe to read it instead of word. Hooked up my kindle to my system and downloaded it. took me a bit to figure out how to access it though. When I searched my kindle I had to move the PDF to my Documents folder and VOILE'
all there with the rest of my books!

If you havent read anything by Brandon I put this one as his best stand alone to date! I imagine it works the same for other E-readers but I have only had my kindle since Christmas and Im still figuring it out
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 06:21:32 AM by Bryndled1 »

Offline Overlord

Re: Warbreaker
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 04:38:18 AM »
I just downloaded it for my Sony E-reader :)

Thanks for this Bryndled - How does it compare to 'Mistborn' ? :)
Founder: http://fantasy-faction.com
Editor: Fantasy-Faction Anthology (Aug 2014)
Author: "Son of…" in 1853 (2013)
Host: Fantasy-Faction's Grim Gathering

Bryndled1

Re: Warbreaker
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 04:46:50 AM »
He was workin on War breaker between Mistborn: Well of Ascension and Mistborn: Hero of the Ages. You can really see the progression as a writer. as always his magic systems are fun and unique. you can really see the improvement in characterization. His female characters improve as well. I think if you liked the mistborn series you will really enjoy Warbreaker.. The way of kings is far superior to any of those...seriously

Offline Zziz

Re: Warbreaker (Brandon Sanderson)
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 06:38:29 AM »
I personally think Warbreaker is his weakest effort, but that's not to say it's not good- far from it actually- it's a great book. He has just set the bar so high with his other exceptional work. I would recommend Elantris and Mistborn to new Sanderson readers. It will help them appreciate Warbreaker more.

Bryndled1

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 06:41:13 AM »
it really is person preference.. I just like Vasher better than Kelsier I guess =D

Kelsier = Raoden sorry its late and im still in the final empire.. my books are starting to run together
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 06:53:38 AM by Bryndled1 »

Offline Zziz

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 07:15:09 AM »
it really is person preference.. I just like Vasher better than Kelsier I guess =D

Kelsier = Raoden sorry its late and im still in the final empire.. my books are starting to run together

I thought Vasher was a great character. Raoden was a little bit more cookie-cutter- you know, prince, adventurous, noble- but I still found myself liking him. For me it was just the story...Brandon tied everything together in one hundred of the most intense pages I've ever read towards the end.

Bryndled1

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 08:15:12 AM »
you think those last hundred were intense id say you havent read the way of kings yet. and yes i know i have beat this drum to death.

BTW posted from bed on my Kindle FTW

Offline ChristinaJL

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 09:17:48 AM »
I downloaded it straight from many books as a kindle file last year. 
http://manybooks.net/titles/sandersonbother08Warbreaker.html

I enjoyed it, actually I think I preferred the characters in this to those in the first Mistborn book.

Offline Itachimaru

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 06:37:40 PM »

I thought Vasher was a great character. Raoden was a little bit more cookie-cutter- you know, prince, adventurous, noble- but I still found myself liking him. For me it was just the story...Brandon tied everything together in one hundred of the most intense pages I've ever read towards the end.

I'm at chapter 6 now and yes, Vasher jumps out as the "best" character, not that impressed yet with the other people in the book...
I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion."

Muhammad Ali

Offline Zziz

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2011, 09:46:18 PM »
you think those last hundred were intense id say you havent read the way of kings yet. and yes i know i have beat this drum to death.

I have read Way of Kings. Got it the day it came out, and met Brandon Sanderson for the third time shortly thereafter. I loved Way of Kings, I thought it was great, and I can't wait for the next nine books.

That being said, as climactic and amazing as the end of that book was, we still read with the knowledge knowing that the story hasn't begun to blossom yet. At the end of Elantris, all threads of the story were being tied into the ending knot, creating that epic drama that us fantasy fans crave.

Offline Overlord

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2011, 05:38:08 AM »

I have read Way of Kings. Got it the day it came out, and met Brandon Sanderson for the third time shortly thereafter. I loved Way of Kings, I thought it was great, and I can't wait for the next nine books.

That being said, as climactic and amazing as the end of that book was, we still read with the knowledge knowing that the story hasn't begun to blossom yet. At the end of Elantris, all threads of the story were being tied into the ending knot, creating that epic drama that us fantasy fans crave.

Out of interest... What was Brandon Sanderson like? I have been keeping up to date with his Twitter and his Website - seems a really cool, down to Earth guy. I guess judging by the way he writes and his previous jobs he must be very, very intelligent too :)

I will have to check this book out... I have but down 'Elantris' as one of my reads in February... I'm really going for this 40 books in the year challenge right now ;)

Offline ChristinaJL

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2011, 09:02:25 AM »
I've challenged myself to 52 books again this year.   :o  I tried it last year, but wasn't dedicated enough and slumped out at around 35 books. 

Offline Overlord

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2011, 09:33:20 AM »
I've challenged myself to 52 books again this year.   :o  I tried it last year, but wasn't dedicated enough and slumped out at around 35 books. 

You have our support this year ;)

I am going to try and add a mod onto the forum later that will allow users to add what books they have read... it could be cool... or... if I do it wrong all hell could break loose! lol.

Offline ChristinaJL

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2011, 06:45:26 PM »
You have our support this year ;)

I am going to try and add a mod onto the forum later that will allow users to add what books they have read... it could be cool... or... if I do it wrong all hell could break loose! lol.

As long as I don't find a job, I should hopefully make the one book a week thing!!  If I do get some work, then I may have to reduce my aim.  :D

Offline Itachimaru

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2011, 11:25:23 AM »
Warbreaker is being a pain in the ass!! I have to force myself to keep reading... I'll give it another try later today, but If my copy of Rivers of London arrives I'll be kicking Warbreaker back where it came from, on top of the closet, never to be seen again!
I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion."

Muhammad Ali