October 25, 2020, 05:12:58 PM

Author Topic: RIP Harry Harrison  (Read 1142 times)

Offline Phil Norris

RIP Harry Harrison
« on: August 15, 2012, 10:55:07 AM »
The creator of The Stainless Steel Rat, Soylent Green, Bill The Galactic Hero Harry Harrison has died aged 87.

I was first introduced to Slippery Jim DiGrizz thanks to the pages of 2000AD an from there read all the books. A great talent, a great sense of humour.

Another great author leaves us.
To have an idea is not enough - no matter how good the idea is.

Offline LeifOnMars

Re: RIP Harry Harrison
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 12:55:09 PM »
The creator of The Stainless Steel Rat, Soylent Green, Bill The Galactic Hero Harry Harrison has died aged 87.

I was first introduced to Slippery Jim DiGrizz thanks to the pages of 2000AD an from there read all the books. A great talent, a great sense of humour.

Another great author leaves us.

I remember him well from science fiction conventions and from his many signing sessions in London's West End, often in the company of Brian Aldiss, always enthusiastic, witty and speaking with the speed of light. His Stainless Steel Rat novels are as enjoyable as the Deathworld trilogy, the hilarious Bill the Galactic Hero tales, the three To The Stars novels  and the magnificent Eden trilogy, not forgetting stand-alone novels like Rebel in Time, Skyfall and so many others.
Ad Astra HH.
 I am fortunate to have so many signed first editions of his book