March 29, 2020, 09:46:07 AM

Author Topic: March 2020 Book club pick:Gideon the Ninth (The Locked Tomb #1) by Tamsyn Muir  (Read 568 times)

Offline Bender

Already started reading bits and pieces too!
"I shall hunt your firstborn children and laugh with glee as I tell them of your death in terrible detail, with many unpleasant adjectives!" - M-Bot

"Who needs science when you have a dragon?" - Neil DeGrasse Tyson in Sharknado 6

Offline isos81

Not yet. I might not participate. This puts some pressure on me.
Kallor shrugged. 'I've walked this land when the T'lan Imass were but children. I've commanded armies a hundred thousand strong. I've spread the fire of my wrath across entire continents, and sat alone upon tall thrones. Do you grasp the meaning of this?'

'Yes' said Caladan Brood. 'You never learn'

Offline Lanko

• Sherlanko Holmes, Jiin Wei and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
    • Lanko's Goodreads
I read this in December, one of the best books of the year, alongisde A Memory Called Empire.

Beginning might be a little dense, as you're throw in the middle of things, but things get clear pretty well after that and the payoff is really good.
Slow and steady wins the race.

Lanko's Year in Books 2019

Offline cupiscent

lol, I sort of want to re-read for the book club (I will be participating in discussion anyway!) but my library reservation for Memory Called Empire just came in, and I want to read that before Hugo nominations close, so... :D

Offline Lanko

• Sherlanko Holmes, Jiin Wei and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
    • Lanko's Goodreads
lol, I sort of want to re-read for the book club (I will be participating in discussion anyway!) but my library reservation for Memory Called Empire just came in, and I want to read that before Hugo nominations close, so... :D

A Memory Called Empire is fantastic!
Slow and steady wins the race.

Lanko's Year in Books 2019