December 14, 2019, 12:36:28 PM

Author Topic: Love letter to Jen Williams  (Read 16636 times)

Offline Rostum

Re: Love letter to Jen Williams
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2015, 09:40:37 PM »

Offline Saraband

• Haggis eater, fantasy scribbler and a Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
  • Geeky Reading (and Writing) Introvert
    • View Profile
    • BrawBlether
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2015, 06:39:06 PM »
I am now about 60% through the Iron Ghost, and just wanted to share how much I am loving it.

I thought The Copper Promise was already a brilliant book, but @sennydreadful / Jen seems to have perfected some of her finer points to an even better degree of masterfulness over her writing. Excellent, addictive story and engaging characters.

And... Sebastian ;D

If you ever come to Edinburgh tell us, I'll be very happy to get my copy signed!
https://brawblether.com

"Poor gauzy souls trying to express ourselves in something tangible." - F. S. Fitzgerald

"Wherever I wander, wherever I rove,
The hills of the Highlands for ever I love." - Robert Burns

Offline sennydreadful

• Ambient Mage
  • Fantasy Writer and X-Box Obsessive
    • View Profile
    • sennydreadful.com
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2015, 08:51:28 PM »
I am now about 60% through the Iron Ghost, and just wanted to share how much I am loving it.

I thought The Copper Promise was already a brilliant book, but @sennydreadful / Jen seems to have perfected some of her finer points to an even better degree of masterfulness over her writing. Excellent, addictive story and engaging characters.

And... Sebastian ;D

If you ever come to Edinburgh tell us, I'll be very happy to get my copy signed!

Oh thank you! I am dead chuffed you're enjoying the book. :D Hopefully I'll make it up to Scotland one day soon - I've always wanted to go!

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2016, 12:02:08 AM »

This came in the mail today.
Thank you, Dom @Nighteyes (awesome friend and mail man) and Jen @sennydreadful (author extraordinaire)

« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 12:04:20 AM by Jmack »
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline sennydreadful

• Ambient Mage
    • View Profile
    • sennydreadful.com
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2016, 06:34:59 AM »

This came in the mail today.
Thank you, Dom @Nighteyes (awesome friend and mail man) and Jen @sennydreadful (author extraordinaire)

Hooray! It was my pleasure - and I'm glad it got to you safely :D

Offline Nighteyes

• Send me Leopard Erotica.
  • Ringbearer
  • OH WOW! JUST WORKED OUT HOW TO DO THIS!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2016, 07:48:15 PM »
Ooooh. That was quite quick then! The Royal Mail did a great job collecting my package in the post, and the American post did a fine job delivering my package in the mail.
The Real Powers That Be

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2016, 08:39:16 AM »
Ok, so, here I am, after staying up late last night because I.just.HAD.to.finish.it!!!!
Oh, I'm talking about The Silver Tide, by the way, hehe - I tried not to include spoilers.

Oh.My.Gawd.
I'm speechless (says her, before going on to gush endlessly).

This book is so incredibly amazing, great, awesome, fantastic and just has the most perfect ending. It made me cry, sure, but also left me with a huge smile on my face.
You start, and you think things are moving on a bit fast for the size of the book, that adventure is just going at the right pace, but what else can happen? And then the unthinkable happens, and an even better and more amazing adventure comes along.

Everyone is perfectly in character, not an action or reaction out of place. And that includes the words coming out of their mouths, I can just hear each and every single one and recognise them even without speech tags ;D

This is one of, or actually 'the', best book for diversity that I've ever encountered, it's got the most diverse set of characters ever, and that doesn't feel forced for even 1 single second. All perfectly natural.
And I have found my perfect couple role model :D
Spoiler for Hiden:
I so love reading about Xinian and Selsye, they just fit so amazingly well together!

Love, love, love, so come on, what are you waiting for? Go get it *now* 8)

I know, I could never be a proper reviewer ;)

And I have to deeply thank F-F for making me discover these books in the first place, and of course Jen for being such an amazing writer and for being around F-F too and making me also curious enough about them back at the time of book 1 to give it a try ;D
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

I'm "She Who Reigns Over Us All In Crimson Cheer", according to Peat!

Offline sennydreadful

• Ambient Mage
    • View Profile
    • sennydreadful.com
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2016, 09:47:44 AM »
Ok, so, here I am, after staying up late last night because I.just.HAD.to.finish.it!!!!
Oh, I'm talking about The Silver Tide, by the way, hehe - I tried not to include spoilers.

Oh.My.Gawd.
I'm speechless (says her, before going on to gush endlessly).

This book is so incredibly amazing, great, awesome, fantastic and just has the most perfect ending. It made me cry, sure, but also left me with a huge smile on my face.
You start, and you think things are moving on a bit fast for the size of the book, that adventure is just going at the right pace, but what else can happen? And then the unthinkable happens, and an even better and more amazing adventure comes along.

Everyone is perfectly in character, not an action or reaction out of place. And that includes the words coming out of their mouths, I can just hear each and every single one and recognise them even without speech tags ;D

This is one of, or actually 'the', best book for diversity that I've ever encountered, it's got the most diverse set of characters ever, and that doesn't feel forced for even 1 single second. All perfectly natural.
And I have found my perfect couple role model :D
Spoiler for Hiden:
I so love reading about Xinian and Selsye, they just fit so amazingly well together!

Love, love, love, so come on, what are you waiting for? Go get it *now* 8)

I know, I could never be a proper reviewer ;)

And I have to deeply thank F-F for making me discover these books in the first place, and of course Jen for being such an amazing writer and for being around F-F too and making me also curious enough about them back at the time of book 1 to give it a try ;D

Aaaaah thank you so much, you have made my Friday  ;D ;D ;D

I also love
Spoiler for Hiden:
Xinian and Selsye - I just had to bring them back somehow for the third book. And Joah too, although I understand not everyone is as fond of him as I am ;)

Also thank you for your comments about the diversity in the book, that means a lot.  :)