November 13, 2019, 03:13:42 AM

Author Topic: Legends: Stories in Honour of David Gemmell  (Read 2699 times)

Offline animal74

Legends: Stories in Honour of David Gemmell
« on: September 13, 2013, 07:02:23 AM »
This new anthology is coming out on Oct 31 at the David Gemmell Awards.  It looks like a must-have for any Gemmell fan.  I've already ordered my limited signed hardcover.

http://fantasybookcritic.blogspot.ca/2013/08/news-legends-stories-in-honour-of-david.html?m=0

To Buy:  http://www.spacewitch.com/legends

Anyone else excited?
Join the 3rd bi-annual "The Dark is Rising Readathon" starting December 1, 2017!
Facebook Group
Twitter

Offline AJDalton

• Shadow Op
  • author of Empire of the Saviours...oh, shut up
    • View Profile
    • Metaphysical Fantasy
Re: Legends: Stories in Honour of David Gemmell
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 09:41:34 AM »
Sheesh. I was longlisted for the Gemmell Legend Award this year. (I so wanted to win the double-headed axe that was the prize!) I pitched my new book series to my publisher as a 'homage' to Gemmell. 'Nah,' said the publisher. 'Give us something fresher.' The fools! Don't they know no one writes/wrote a better fight scene than Gemmell? Don't they know his stuff is still fresher than so many others? Anyway, I'm not worthy. Maybe no one is. RIP
fantasy reader, writer, dreamer, screamer - Empire of the Saviours

Offline Ashes

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 03:12:11 PM »
I've got myself a signed copy. Can't wait to read Abercrombie's short story.  And it's about time they did something like this to honour such an awesome author.
“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the persuit of evil.” David Gemmell

Offline animal74

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 05:50:10 PM »
Sheesh. I was longlisted for the Gemmell Legend Award this year. (I so wanted to win the double-headed axe that was the prize!) I pitched my new book series to my publisher as a 'homage' to Gemmell. 'Nah,' said the publisher. 'Give us something fresher.' The fools! Don't they know no one writes/wrote a better fight scene than Gemmell? Don't they know his stuff is still fresher than so many others? Anyway, I'm not worthy. Maybe no one is. RIP

Congrats on your nomination for the long list!
Join the 3rd bi-annual "The Dark is Rising Readathon" starting December 1, 2017!
Facebook Group
Twitter