December 12, 2019, 07:24:47 PM

Author Topic: Way of Shadows (Night Angel trilogy + spoilers)  (Read 5574 times)

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
Re: Way of Shadows (Night Angel trilogy + spoilers)
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2015, 06:48:27 PM »
That's always nice especially if it's not a much read book it's like OMG you've read it as well, I thought it was only me who had read this awesome book!  :)
This is where reading paper books comes to the fore, and people can actually see what you're reading - I can't be the only one who, when reading a great book in a public place, wonders if someone, anyone, would come up to me and say "that book is amazing, I'm so glad you're reading it" ;D
(am I really the only one? :-[)
I've been known to say that to people at Waterstone's, if they're picking up a favourite book of mine, hehe - the crazy lady actually *talking* with people in shops 8)
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

I'm "She Who Reigns Over Us All In Crimson Cheer", according to Peat!

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
Re: Way of Shadows (Night Angel trilogy + spoilers)
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2015, 12:11:49 AM »
That's always nice especially if it's not a much read book it's like OMG you've read it as well, I thought it was only me who had read this awesome book!  :)
This is where reading paper books comes to the fore, and people can actually see what you're reading - I can't be the only one who, when reading a great book in a public place, wonders if someone, anyone, would come up to me and say "that book is amazing, I'm so glad you're reading it" ;D
(am I really the only one? :-[)
I've been known to say that to people at Waterstone's, if they're picking up a favourite book of mine, hehe - the crazy lady actually *talking* with people in shops 8)
Yes, I told the story about being in Key West, Florida at lunch, and a fellow sees I'm reading Gardens of the Moon, comes over to the table and extols all things Malazan. He then went back to his table and had to explain it all to his grey haired parents.
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com