August 25, 2019, 04:59:32 PM

Author Topic: How many of you guys have named pets after fantasy characters?  (Read 6443 times)

Offline tebakutis

• Falsely Puffed Up Rascal Pig and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
    • View Profile
    • www.tebakutis.com
Re: How many of you guys have named pets after fantasy characters?
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2013, 05:44:31 PM »
I attempted to name our cats Alice (Resident Evil) and Lara (Croft!) but got it nixed by the parentals.

Wait a minute, wait a minute... shouldn't that be Alice from Alice in Wonderland? Since the RE Alice was named after the Wonderland Alice? Or was this specific to the Milla Jovovich version? :0

Also, my first dog was named Buck Rogers Bakutis. Because dammit, I loved that show as a kid.

Offline EricaDakin

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2013, 10:04:15 PM »
I had a cat called Sivesh, after Azhrarn's lover in Night's Master by Tanith Lee. Sadly he passed away two months ago. Still miss him.  :'(

His brother Azrael is still with me, though he's an old man now. I named him after Azrael from the smurfs (hey, this was fourteen years ago, and even then it was a name I'd had in my mind for about ten years) and only found out afterwards that Azrael is the angel of death.

Last year I got two gorgeous Norwegian forest kittens who I was originally going to call Septimus (from Stardust) and Loki. Then the (very embarrassed) breeder called me to say that Loki was actually a girl, not a boy, so since I liked that name better Septimus became Loki, and Loki is now called Sif (to stick with the Norse theme, since their father is called Odin).

Names I have in reserve are Esme, Gytha and Magrat, but I'm not sure that's ever going to happen since it will require me to have three girl cats at the same time. I do also still think that Septimus is an awesome name, and I might want a cat called Vimes.

I have also toyed with calling my next cat Wodewick or Bwian, or to have a pair called Wodewick and Thimon, if only to see the look on the vet's face when they call your pet's name in the waiting room.

As far as I'm concerned pets are where you can go wild with the wacky names you shouldn't stick on your children. I'm also not sure I'll live long enough to use up all the names I have planned for all my cats, since I don't really want more than three cats at any one time...
Butterflies instantly came to life in his stomach, and the little bastards were heavily armed. - The Republic of Thieves.

Offline Sindran

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2013, 02:17:37 AM »
I had a ferret named Pandora. It suited her. She was so innocent but like any ferret she managed to get into trouble!  ;D

Offline Eclipse

• Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
  • Dragonrider
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2019, 04:56:24 AM »
My budgie was called Henry , any fantasy characters called Henry?
According to some,* heroic deaths are admirable things

* Generally those who don't have to do it.Politicians and writers spring to mind

Jonathan Stroud:Ptolmy's Gate

Offline Henry Dale

• The Unsummonable and a Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2019, 09:30:28 AM »
My budgie was called Henry , any fantasy characters called Henry?
>.>