November 28, 2020, 11:24:46 PM

Author Topic: Have you ever changed you mind on a character?  (Read 1234 times)

Offline isos81

Re: Have you ever changed you mind on a character?
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2019, 07:09:53 AM »
On Kallor:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Kallor always had been a d*ck. From when his killed his citizens to killing Ereko. There always has been hints of his perceived humanity but it was never elaborated.
I disagree.
The moment where he is at the Tiste Liosan Court or his duel near the end of Toll the Hounds were two moments where you could see how much he hurt and that there is some humanity left in him.

I have to agree with Bender in this. He has always been a bad character no matter what he feels in a couple of situations.
Kallor shrugged. 'I've walked this land when the T'lan Imass were but children. I've commanded armies a hundred thousand strong. I've spread the fire of my wrath across entire continents, and sat alone upon tall thrones. Do you grasp the meaning of this?'

'Yes' said Caladan Brood. 'You never learn'

Offline Bender

Re: Have you ever changed you mind on a character?
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2019, 02:39:39 PM »
He certainly is complex. He feels misunderstood probably and we don't know why. The anguish during his conversation with Spinnock in TtH leaves you guessing futilely and the compassion come out when he spares his life. Though he certainly has the talent to get himself hated wherever he is.
"I shall hunt your firstborn children and laugh with glee as I tell them of your death in terrible detail, with many unpleasant adjectives!" - M-Bot

"Who needs science when you have a dragon?" - Neil DeGrasse Tyson in Sharknado 6