February 25, 2020, 02:00:56 AM

Author Topic: February 2020 club book pick: Empire of Chains by Ryan Mueller  (Read 971 times)

Offline isos81

Re: February 2020 club book pick: Empire of Chains by Ryan Mueller
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2020, 02:01:59 PM »
I don't have Kindle and can't see any ebook option. The only option I can see is paperback on Amazon.
You can read the ebook on any device, I think you only need the Kindle app. I've installed it on my Lenovo tablet for a couple of stories.

This is the link for the general ebook (Amazon UK), showing free:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Empire-Chains-World-Book-ebook/dp/B0727YT6SP/ref=tmm_kin_title_sr?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

and the Amazon.com link:
https://www.amazon.com/Empire-Chains-World-Book-ebook/dp/B0727YT6SP/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=empire+of+chains&qid=1580133518&sr=8-1

Can you download it for free? It might be free for Kindle Unlimited (which I don't have). General Amazon page(.com) does not even show the Kindle version.
Kallor shrugged. 'I've walked this land when the T'lan Imass were but children. I've commanded armies a hundred thousand strong. I've spread the fire of my wrath across entire continents, and sat alone upon tall thrones. Do you grasp the meaning of this?'

'Yes' said Caladan Brood. 'You never learn'

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2020, 02:23:58 PM »
Can you download it for free? It might be free for Kindle Unlimited (which I don't have). General Amazon page(.com) does not even show the Kindle version.
Yes, if you click on "Read it with our Free App", which is under the Kindle $0.00 box. My link should take you to the normal kindle/ebook version, not Kindle unlimited (which I also don't have). I'm not signed in.
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

I'm "She Who Reigns Over Us All In Crimson Cheer", according to Peat!

Offline Ryan Mueller

• Needs a Cheesy Quest Fantasy baa-aadly
  • Writing Group
  • Auror
    • View Profile
    • Ryan W. Mueller
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2020, 02:38:33 PM »
I don't have Kindle and can't see any ebook option. The only option I can see is paperback on Amazon.
You can read the ebook on any device, I think you only need the Kindle app. I've installed it on my Lenovo tablet for a couple of stories.

This is the link for the general ebook (Amazon UK), showing free:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Empire-Chains-World-Book-ebook/dp/B0727YT6SP/ref=tmm_kin_title_sr?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

and the Amazon.com link:
https://www.amazon.com/Empire-Chains-World-Book-ebook/dp/B0727YT6SP/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=empire+of+chains&qid=1580133518&sr=8-1

It should have an option below the Kindle Unlimited option where it says $0.00 to buy. On my PC, I also have the Buy now with 1-click option in the right sidebar, where it shows the print list price of $12.99, the digital list price of $0.99, and then the sale price of $0.00.

It also looks like it's free now in the UK store.

https://www.amazon.com/Empire-Chains-World-Book-ebook/dp/B0727YT6SP/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1506835874&sr=8-1&keywords=empire+of+chains+(world+in+chains+book+1

Offline isos81

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2020, 02:42:56 PM »
Unfortunately, I do not see any of the options. I also downloaded the Kindle App, too but no luck so far :(
Kallor shrugged. 'I've walked this land when the T'lan Imass were but children. I've commanded armies a hundred thousand strong. I've spread the fire of my wrath across entire continents, and sat alone upon tall thrones. Do you grasp the meaning of this?'

Offline Ryan Mueller

• Writing Group
  • Auror
    • View Profile
    • Ryan W. Mueller
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2020, 06:45:17 PM »
Unfortunately, I do not see any of the options. I also downloaded the Kindle App, too but no luck so far :(

Can you see it for any books, or is it just mine that's giving you the issue? If so, I can send you a copy.

Offline isos81

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2020, 09:05:38 PM »

Can you see it for any books, or is it just mine that's giving you the issue? If so, I can send you a copy.

I'm not sure. I believe it's because I chose Turkey as my country. I might be doing something wrong. How can I be sure?

Offline Ryan Mueller

• Writing Group
  • Auror
    • View Profile
    • Ryan W. Mueller
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2020, 11:21:16 PM »

I'm not sure. I believe it's because I chose Turkey as my country. I might be doing something wrong. How can I be sure?

That might be it. I don't think Turkey is included in the distribution channels I had available to me through Amazon. I just looked for my book and couldn't even find it on Amazon Turkey. I can send an eBook copy of the book to you if you let me know your email in a private message.

Offline Bender

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2020, 01:18:32 AM »
I got this for free today in Kindle. Will join in the book read.
"I shall hunt your firstborn children and laugh with glee as I tell them of your death in terrible detail, with many unpleasant adjectives!" - M-Bot

"Who needs science when you have a dragon?" - Neil DeGrasse Tyson in Sharknado 6

Offline Eclipse

• Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
  • Dragonrider
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2020, 06:42:24 AM »
Not started yet ,  I’m finishing Glen Cook best of short stories  off hope to start by next weekend.

Who has started the the novel?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 06:44:18 AM by Eclipse »
According to some,* heroic deaths are admirable things

* Generally those who don't have to do it.Politicians and writers spring to mind

Jonathan Stroud:Ptolmy's Gate

Offline isos81

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2020, 07:34:00 AM »
Not started yet ,  I’m finishing Glen Cook best of short stories  off hope to start by next weekend.

Who has started the the novel?

I did. %15 into it.

Offline Magnus Hedén

• High Lord of commas and Grand Master of semicolons
  • Half a King
  • My name is Magnus. I make stuff up.
    • View Profile
    • My Patreon
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2020, 09:18:50 AM »
Still on Baru Cormorant, been reading a bit slower than usual.
You can find stories on my Patreon
I'm also on Twitter and the Book of Faces