October 17, 2019, 01:34:05 AM

Author Topic: Favourite Abercrombie Novel?  (Read 5189 times)

Offline Idlewilder

Re: Favourite Abercrombie Novel?
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2015, 09:44:28 AM »
Best Served Cold is definitely my favourite because I loved the revenge plot, the characters (Shivers' arc and his opposing arc with Monza in particular are amazing) and the Styrian setting.

But I'd say The Heroes is probably his best work. It's thematically by far his most cohesive and the whole structure of the novel is still an amazing idea that he managed to pull off perfectly.
Make Another World.

Offline Kazreemo

• Acolyte of Aktu, God of Goats
  • Soulfinder
  • Hate will keep you alive where love fails #Jorgism
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2015, 11:21:04 AM »
Argh! Don't make me choose! The shattered sea is brilliant! though lacking the first laws brutality I feel it gives you more in fewer words...... HOWEVER! Logen aka Ninefingers aka The Bloody Nine (he has another name but I will not ruin the surprise!) is my favourite character in fantasy! and the sheer brutality and brilliance of the first law makes it one of my all time favourite trilogies!

Also Red country is up there. Love me a western! so throw fantasy together with that an you have a winner with me! Marc Knows why I love it! 
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 11:36:17 AM by Kazreemo »
I'm the best at what I do, and what I do isn't very nice

Offline Hedin

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2015, 02:18:16 PM »
The Heroes is probably my favorite standalone novel so that makes this question easy. 

BeardKing

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2015, 07:46:39 PM »
Best Served Cold for me. Everything about it was great. Red Country comes in at a close second, because of a certain character we all know. ;)

Will check out the Shattered Sea trilogy when completed. Maybe those will claim a new spot as my favorites.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 07:48:10 PM by BeardKing »

Offline Ben

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2015, 12:32:06 AM »
Red Country. I love Lamb.

Offline Elfy

• Writing contest regular
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • Purple Dove House
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2015, 12:33:19 AM »
Best Served Cold for me. Everything about it was great. Red Country comes in at a close second, because of a certain character we all know. ;)

Will check out the Shattered Sea trilogy when completed. Maybe those will claim a new spot as my favorites.
I think the final is due out later this year (July?), so you don't have long to wait.
I will expand your TBR pile.

http://purpledovehouse.blogspot.com

Offline Shimrod

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2015, 10:24:11 AM »
Suffice to say that there's not a book I did not enjoy.....

Glotka!

Offline Overlord

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2015, 11:54:49 AM »
I was holding on as I didn't want to be the first to say it.... Luckily Ben has broken the silence on it and I can........

Red Country!

For me I found it the lightest and best paced of his 'adult' books, meaning that I had the most fun reading it. I really liked Shy as a character and I found the connection/relationship between her and Lamb heart-warming, interesting and intriguing - especially when you consider his past.
Founder: http://fantasy-faction.com
Editor: Fantasy-Faction Anthology (Aug 2014)
Author: "Son of…" in 1853 (2013)
Host: Fantasy-Faction's Grim Gathering