February 26, 2020, 05:08:39 PM

Author Topic: Fantasy-Faction Facebook Group  (Read 5748 times)

Online Lu Kudzoza

Re: Fantasy-Faction Facebook Group
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2020, 05:00:59 PM »
Why do subjects like diversity in fantasy, religion in fantasy, lgbt topics etc get close down fast in the Facebook group yet here in the forum there stay open where everyone is civil to each other even if you disagree with each other. is it because it’s mainly writers here who can express themselves better without resorting to insults or is it because people who use forums today are of an older generation or because there’s less people on the forum then on Facebook.

What I don’t like in the Facebook group is that your posts get lost straight away. With people posting new stuff constantly about wheel of time.  ;)

And memes of the Witcher.

It's because of the 3% asshole rule. 3% of people in the world are assholes. So, the larger the group the more assholes there are. Once a group gets to a certain size it reaches critical mass where the assholes hijack every thread with an interesting topic.

BTW, how do you guys like Wheel of Time? I think it's wonderful and everyone should read it.  ;D

Offline Cherie

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2020, 05:36:37 PM »
In my experience, it's the quick gratification of throwing a quick comment on facebook, whilst on their phone (probably sitting on the toilet) that waters down the content. They haven't got, or don't want to use their precious time to actually read a conversation thread, and just have to get their 2p in, regardless of whether 600 people have already said the same thing or not.

Quality > quantity
Care > speed
Forums > facebook

Online Eclipse

• Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
  • Dragonrider
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2020, 05:49:36 PM »
Welcome back home @cherie , you’ve had a bit of a gap since you last posted 😀
According to some,* heroic deaths are admirable things

* Generally those who don't have to do it.Politicians and writers spring to mind

Jonathan Stroud:Ptolmy's Gate

Offline Cherie

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2020, 06:02:01 PM »
Thanks @Eclipse! Yeah, it's been a few years!

A few things in my personal life mean that I feel the need to reconnect with the things that make me happy, book forums being one of them.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2020, 06:44:44 PM by cherie »

Offline isos81

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2020, 06:23:30 AM »
Detective Eclipse on duty 8)
Kallor shrugged. 'I've walked this land when the T'lan Imass were but children. I've commanded armies a hundred thousand strong. I've spread the fire of my wrath across entire continents, and sat alone upon tall thrones. Do you grasp the meaning of this?'

'Yes' said Caladan Brood. 'You never learn'

Online Eclipse

• Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
  • Dragonrider
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2020, 09:14:09 AM »
Today’s topic over on at Facebook , can you guess

Spoiler for Hiden:
i want to read WoT is it any good

Why don’t there just use the search button haha.
According to some,* heroic deaths are admirable things

* Generally those who don't have to do it.Politicians and writers spring to mind

Jonathan Stroud:Ptolmy's Gate

Offline Nighteyes

• Send me Leopard Erotica.
  • Ringbearer
  • OH WOW! JUST WORKED OUT HOW TO DO THIS!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2020, 09:32:56 PM »
Today’s topic over on at Facebook , can you guess

Spoiler for Hiden:
i want to read WoT is it any good

Why don’t there just use the search button haha.

I saw that as well.  ;D. You all thought I was exaggerating. Every week without fail!
The Real Powers That Be

Online Bender

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2020, 11:30:30 PM »
If anyone should ask that question, then WoT isn't really a good book for them. I'd nudge them over to smaller or standalone books.
"I shall hunt your firstborn children and laugh with glee as I tell them of your death in terrible detail, with many unpleasant adjectives!" - M-Bot

"Who needs science when you have a dragon?" - Neil DeGrasse Tyson in Sharknado 6

Offline Nighteyes

• Send me Leopard Erotica.
  • Ringbearer
  • OH WOW! JUST WORKED OUT HOW TO DO THIS!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2020, 11:40:36 PM »
If anyone should ask that question, then WoT isn't really a good book for them. I'd nudge them over to smaller or standalone books.

You know how in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Earth is a super computer designed to find what the ultimate question is for life, the universe and everything? Perhaps that is the question and the fantasy faction facebook group is how the computer is choosing to share the question with the universe?
The Real Powers That Be