December 12, 2019, 04:28:13 PM

Author Topic: Deadline by Mira Grant  (Read 7898 times)

Offline Lyz

Deadline by Mira Grant
« on: June 08, 2011, 05:18:59 PM »
Umm... So, did anyone else finish this, yet? 'Cause um... I definitely need someone to talk to about this. My brain... It exploded, I think, when I read the ending of the book.

GAH. D:
Elizabeth Mace Giosia. Call me Lyz. 29. Leo. Fantasy Faction Staff Member, Reviews. Owner of Giosia Photography and Stoneheart Cosplay

Need a review for your novel? Email me at emgiosia@gmail.com!

Offline WizardofWestmarch

• Half a King
  • Awesomeness at a Mile High
    • View Profile
Re: Deadline by Mira Grant
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 06:13:47 PM »
Umm... So, did anyone else finish this, yet? 'Cause um... I definitely need someone to talk to about this. My brain... It exploded, I think, when I read the ending of the book.

GAH. D:

Not yet but once I finish Kraken it's the top item on my list, even above books I already own :P. Hopefully will get to it this weekend, though writing + gaming seems to be slowing me down... a lot <_<
Lover and would be writer of fantasy
My tumblelog on writing

Offline ChrisMB

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 08:03:32 PM »
I just picked it up last night and I started reading it immediately after reading King of Plagues.

... It's that good, isn't it? Don't worry it takes me a day to finish books now, so give me twenty four hours and we can discuss it :)

Offline Lyz

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 04:34:08 PM »
I just picked it up last night and I started reading it immediately after reading King of Plagues.

... It's that good, isn't it? Don't worry it takes me a day to finish books now, so give me twenty four hours and we can discuss it :)

hahaha, Oh, good. I loved this book so, so much. It was incredibly good. I just... God. The ending felt like a freaking punch in the face.
Elizabeth Mace Giosia. Call me Lyz. 29. Leo. Fantasy Faction Staff Member, Reviews. Owner of Giosia Photography and Stoneheart Cosplay

Offline ChristinaJL

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 10:17:53 AM »
It's up next once I've finished Kraken.   ;)

Offline Overlord

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 04:05:00 PM »
Yep.... I'm just starting Kraken and then it is Deadline for me I think :)
Founder: http://fantasy-faction.com
Editor: Fantasy-Faction Anthology (Aug 2014)
Author: "Son of…" in 1853 (2013)
Host: Fantasy-Faction's Grim Gathering

Offline MTMaenpaa

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 08:19:06 PM »
So Kit and I are the only ones that have finished it? <sigh>  I can't wait till others get to the end, so they can share in the brain melting.
Foodie, Chef, Writer, Reader, Father, Geek

http://laughingcook.wordpress.com/

Offline Lyz

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 09:17:11 PM »
So Kit and I are the only ones that have finished it? <sigh>  I can't wait till others get to the end, so they can share in the brain melting.

Because that's exactly what's going to happen. <nods> Punch in the face, brain melting... It's all there. GAH.

Offline ChrisMB

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2011, 02:28:31 AM »
I just finished it last night, but since it was around 1am and I spent the whole day working, I was unable to get on until now.

And all I could say is... I sort of expected something to that effect happening. Either that or Shaun's breakdown to become complete and thus what we were left with was some sort of gestalt personality. And remember when I said that I found
Spoiler for Hiden:
Georgia to be a female post-zombie version of Spider Jersualem? Totally felt that even more when she asked about her status as a clone. I forever have a mental image of her glasses being Spider's trademark shades.

I can't wait for the next one. If any of you guys want to discuss the book with me, look up my MSN or Skype. If you can't see them I'll be happy to provide.

Offline Overlord

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2011, 11:18:30 AM »
I am going to walk away from this thread now until Next week when I finished reading it because if I spoil this book for myself I'm going to cry  :'( :P
Founder: http://fantasy-faction.com
Editor: Fantasy-Faction Anthology (Aug 2014)
Author: "Son of…" in 1853 (2013)
Host: Fantasy-Faction's Grim Gathering

Offline ShadowProse

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2011, 12:15:13 PM »
Fortunately my brain didn't melt but I was left with the desire to slap Senator Ryman.

Offline ChrisMB

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2011, 01:38:50 PM »
Fortunately my brain didn't melt but I was left with the desire to slap Senator Ryman.

Think he may be the President now  :P

Offline ShadowProse

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2011, 08:33:51 AM »
Then it's up to Shaun to slap him. He's the Irwin.

Offline Kai_Strife

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2011, 01:10:55 AM »
I haven't finished it yet, but really got into it. I'm bound and determined to finish it before I go to sleep tonight. I just finished
Spoiler for Hiden:
the encounter with Dr. Abbey in the lab. I had to put the book down for a few minutes. Georgia was my favorite character from Feed, so finding out she didn't have to die made me wish I could reach in and beat the crap out of Kelly.
I'm guessing I'm not the only one who felt this way once they read this?

Offline ChrisMB

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2011, 02:55:00 AM »
That is exactly how I felt, Kai. To learn that little tidbit just made me very angry, which is a rare emotion for a book to elicit from me without it being directed at a major fault in the writing. It was good, raw emotion.