September 17, 2019, 05:54:33 PM

Author Topic: Book Bargains  (Read 99579 times)

Offline Lady Ty

• Blessed River Lady and Defender of Baby Dragons
  • Ta'veren
  • So-Old-That-She-Can-Nearly-Be-Called-Oldest-Ty
    • View Profile
Re: Book Bargains
« Reply #135 on: May 12, 2015, 08:02:25 AM »
Book Depository 24 hour Sale

Not sure where to put this, but have been in one before and picked up a few bargains.  And some that weren't but that was own fault. Due to start soon, depending on your time zones.

http://www.bookdepository.com/50booksoffer?utm_source=NL-Body&utm_medium=email-Newsletter&utm_term=25hrs-heading&utm_content=main-promo&utm_campaign=25hrs-pre-May-15

update by Arry to place in Book Bargains, and move the original subject in the body of the message
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 11:24:12 PM by Arry »
“This is the problem with even lesser demons. They come to your doorstep in velvet coats and polished shoes. They tip their hats and smile and demonstrate good table manners. They never show you their tails.” 
Leigh Bardugo, The Language of Thorns: Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic

Offline Rostum

Offline Titus

« Reply #137 on: June 11, 2015, 11:25:53 AM »
Rivers of London by Ben Aaronovitch is currently £1.99 on Kindle; not sure how long this will last ..

Offline Rostum

« Reply #138 on: June 14, 2015, 08:16:02 PM »

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline muther

« Reply #141 on: August 17, 2015, 04:51:16 PM »
The Grace of Kings on Amazon for $1.99

http://www.amazon.com/Grace-Kings-Dandelion-Dynasty-ebook/dp/B00KU4O1CY/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1439818533&sr=8-1

Annnnnnnnnnnnd grabbed. Thanks!
Ha, yeah... I could not believe it either myself when I saw that one yesterday.  It was an instant buy.

Offline Raptori

• Barbarian who does not use the Oxford comma and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • the prettiest kitty cat in the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 17, 2015, 04:58:33 PM »
If only it was that price for paperbacks.  >:(
I wish the world was flat like the old days, then I could travel just by folding a map.

Offline Lady Ty

• Ta'veren
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 18, 2015, 03:37:43 AM »
If only all the bargains worked in Oz.  Even lots of SFF Audible isn't allowed here because of publishing /recording rights in different countries.  I was happy because at long last Memory Sorrow and Thorn is coming to Audible.com. I pre-ordered DragonBone Chair straightaway, then later received new email to say I couldn't have it because I lived here. :'( :'( :'(
“This is the problem with even lesser demons. They come to your doorstep in velvet coats and polished shoes. They tip their hats and smile and demonstrate good table manners. They never show you their tails.” 

Offline Hedin

« Reply #144 on: August 18, 2015, 04:00:59 AM »
If only all the bargains worked in Oz.  Even lots of SFF Audible isn't allowed here because of publishing /recording rights in different countries.  I was happy because at long last Memory Sorrow and Thorn is coming to Audible.com. I pre-ordered DragonBone Chair straightaway, then later received new email to say I couldn't have it because I lived here. :'( :'( :'(

To get The Copper Promise and Iron Ghost in the US I had to get an app that gave me a UK IP and create a fake Amazon UK account.

Offline Lady Ty

• Ta'veren
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 18, 2015, 04:05:55 AM »

To get The Copper Promise and Iron Ghost in the US I had to get an app that gave me a UK IP and create a fake Amazon UK account.

I still can't get kindle bargains even though I have Amazon US and UK. I'm only part of "Rest-of-World "for some things  :( 

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #146 on: August 18, 2015, 11:05:05 AM »

We need a "buddy system". One of us orders the book where we are, and sends it to the other. Payment back to the originator via PayPal.
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Raptori

• Barbarian who does not use the Oxford comma and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • the prettiest kitty cat in the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 18, 2015, 11:40:18 AM »
Sorta related: has anyone tried borderlinx? Got a marketing email from Paypal a while back about it, and it's really tempting - though we haven't really taken a look at the pricing. Basically it's a company that provides a physical US or UK address for you and cut shipping costs, so you can order stuff from amazon.com or .co.uk even if it wouldn't normally be available outside the country. Sometimes tech stuff is half the price in the US, so it might actually be worth it sometimes. Might have to if we want something that's a lot cheaper in the UK/US.
I wish the world was flat like the old days, then I could travel just by folding a map.

Offline Lady Ty

• Ta'veren
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 18, 2015, 12:40:42 PM »
[quote auhttp://fantasy-faction.com/forum/Smileys/default/smiley.gifthor=Jmack link=topic=4405.msg110950#msg110950 date=1439892305]

We need a "buddy system". One of us orders the book where we are, and sends it to the other. Payment back to the originator via PayPal.
[/quote]

Great thought and would work if it was books, but it's audible the biggest problem and you can't send them to someone else. :) I can get any books I want earlier than here often, and not even pay Amazons huge o'seas delivery costs, because I go to Book Depository who deliver free.

So I don't even need borderlinx either.

Jmack, did you try out that special audio package you mentioned some time back and if so, how did it go? Can't remember the details.

Offline Rostum

« Reply #149 on: September 03, 2015, 09:57:51 PM »
Shattered Sands by WG Saraband 99p on Amazon UK.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B013M2CQ5O?keywords=shattered%20sands&qid=1441313597&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

A paltry amount for 445 pages