September 28, 2020, 10:54:06 PM

Author Topic: Authors you'd like to see tackle another sub-genre?  (Read 4989 times)

Offline eclipse

• Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
  • Dragonrider
Re: Authors you'd like to see tackle another sub-genre?
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2020, 06:46:20 PM »
Steven Erikson doing a crime mystery solving the death of an art critic set in New York.

Brandon Sanderson doing an erotic romance.

According to some,* heroic deaths are admirable things

* Generally those who don't have to do it.Politicians and writers spring to mind

Jonathan Stroud:Ptolmy's Gate

Offline cupiscent

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2020, 01:16:40 AM »
Brandon Sanderson doing an erotic romance.

I'm imagining the horrified Mormon face he would make about this and laughing myself silly.

That said, I think the way he should approach this challenge is making his magic system sex-based - Kushiel's Dart meets Mistborn! (Although, did Sex Criminals get here first? I'm sure he could still bring an original take to the concept.)

I wanna see KJ Parker do another magic system.

Offline S. K. Inkslinger

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2020, 05:59:44 AM »
Mark Lawrence writing about a an antihero character in an urban setting. Mobster based, and kinda like Priest of Bones/ Peaky Blinders/ gangster movies. I'd kill to see gangster Jorg.  8)

Online Alex Hormann

• Writing Contest Regular
  • Auror
  • Bookworm first, human second.
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2020, 04:37:10 PM »
I'd like to see Sanderson writing Hard SF. I think he'd be a really good fit for it.

Erikson doing a serious space opera could also be interesting. i was excited for Wilfull Child, but felt really let down by it. Comedy is not his strong point, but imagine what he could do with an entire Galaxy to develop.
Blog: https://atboundarysedge.com

Twitter: @HormannAlex

Offline isos81

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2020, 07:34:57 AM »
Erikson doing a serious space opera could also be interesting. i was excited for Wilfull Child, but felt really let down by it. Comedy is not his strong point, but imagine what he could do with an entire Galaxy to develop.

That would be something I would love to read :)
Kallor shrugged. 'I've walked this land when the T'lan Imass were but children. I've commanded armies a hundred thousand strong. I've spread the fire of my wrath across entire continents, and sat alone upon tall thrones. Do you grasp the meaning of this?'

'Yes' said Caladan Brood. 'You never learn'