July 13, 2020, 10:33:58 PM

Author Topic: An incredible LoTR Audiobook  (Read 266 times)

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
An incredible LoTR Audiobook
« on: October 10, 2019, 06:57:20 PM »
I assume more veteran audiobook readers may have heard of this lad and call me out for my Late-News, but just in case, let me share this guy's incredible work :

https://tokybook.com/lord-rings-audiobooks/

He makes up audiobooks for the entire trilogy and distributes the result for free (despite it being all legal and all), and he does all the voices, doing a CRACKIN impression of both Ian McKellen and Billy Boyd. He has Howard's Shore music often playing with good background noises and while it's abridged, very little is missing.
It's a real work of dedication and art.

Anyone who wants to do a side re-read should give this a chance over buying the official Audible audiobook, it's a-ma-zing.

Cheers.
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty