July 11, 2020, 08:57:39 AM

Author Topic: Book Club - July 2020  (Read 160 times)

Offline Bender

Book Club - July 2020
« on: June 03, 2020, 04:12:48 PM »
Now, I have been a bit tied up to get the June thread in time, so will consider that as an impromptou break.

Please feel free to suggest any topics/books for the July read.

My intial thoughts are:

1. Stand alone Novellas
2. Classics
3. Vernian - A Jules Verne book. 

For books, I can suggest:

Lost Horizon by James Hilton

Hugh Conway saw humanity at its worst while fighting in the trenches of the First World War. Now, more than a decade later, Conway is a British diplomat serving in Afghanistan and facing war yet again—this time, a civil conflict forces him to flee the country by plane.

When his plane crashes high in the Himalayas, Conway and the other survivors are found by a mysterious guide and led to a breathtaking discovery: the hidden valley of Shangri-La.

Kept secret from the world for more than two hundred years, Shangri-La is like paradise—a place whose inhabitants live for centuries amid the peace and harmony of the fertile valley. But when the leader of the Shangri-La monastery falls ill, Conway and the others must face the daunting prospect of returning home to a world about to be torn open by war.
"I shall hunt your firstborn children and laugh with glee as I tell them of your death in terrible detail, with many unpleasant adjectives!" - M-Bot

"Who needs science when you have a dragon?" - Neil DeGrasse Tyson in Sharknado 6

Offline isos81

Re: Book Club - July 2020
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 06:49:40 AM »
I gave up on book club, puts too much pressure on me ;D
Kallor shrugged. 'I've walked this land when the T'lan Imass were but children. I've commanded armies a hundred thousand strong. I've spread the fire of my wrath across entire continents, and sat alone upon tall thrones. Do you grasp the meaning of this?'

'Yes' said Caladan Brood. 'You never learn'

Offline Bender

Re: Book Club - July 2020
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2020, 08:58:20 PM »
knock knock. Any interest?
"I shall hunt your firstborn children and laugh with glee as I tell them of your death in terrible detail, with many unpleasant adjectives!" - M-Bot

"Who needs science when you have a dragon?" - Neil DeGrasse Tyson in Sharknado 6