November 20, 2019, 07:57:42 AM

Author Topic: Angry  (Read 2110 times)

Offline Osahon

Angry
« on: September 26, 2016, 06:59:11 PM »
What do I do if the submission entries folder keeps declaring that it is full when I can clearly see others submitting their work >:(

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
Re: Angry
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 07:13:29 PM »
Hey there.

A mod will come and help you out, but start by addressing any problems or questions you have in the "discussion" thread we have, instead of creating your own thread. All the monthly contest topics have basically the same fixed threads, one for submission, one for conversations/questions/problems, and the one for voting and ideally one for critics, that comes last. It's the only part of the forum that is somewhat restricted like that.
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Online ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 08:25:04 PM »
Also please note that you want to post your story as a normal post, not as a file attachment: that's what I can think of, when I see you mentioning "folder" - it shouldn't make a difference.
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline xiagan

• Writing Contest Organizer
  • Powers That Be
  • Elderling
  • Master Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 08:27:19 PM »
What do I do if the submission entries folder keeps declaring that it is full when I can clearly see others submitting their work >:(
Hi there and welcome! I haven't heard that ever before. Are you trying to add a picture or something? Can you try to post it in this thread to find out if it's the submissions thread or something else? You can send me the story via PM if everything else fails and then I will (hopefully successful) post it.

A mod will come and help you out, but start by addressing any problems or questions you have in the "discussion" thread we have, instead of creating your own thread. All the monthly contest topics have basically the same fixed threads, one for submission, one for conversations/questions/problems, and the one for voting and ideally one for critics, that comes last. It's the only part of the forum that is somewhat restricted like that.
Only by tradition, not as a rule. :)
"Sire, I had no need of that hypothesis." (Laplace)

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 09:47:55 PM »
That's true, I've never seen it written everywhere, I guess since it's the way it's always done I assumed it was an unspoken rule.
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty