Hidden Beauty
3 (2.9%)
CĂș Sith
4 (3.9%)
Job Gone Wrong
1 (1%)
Memories
6 (5.9%)
Is it Really Graverobbing if it's for Science?
11 (10.8%)
Some Called It Freedom
5 (4.9%)
Pit of Forgiveness
1 (1%)
Affinity
1 (1%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: December 01, 2016, 11:30:55 AM

Author Topic: [Oct 2016] - Corpses - Voting Thread  (Read 37125 times)

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
Re: [Oct 2016] - Corpses - Voting Thread
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2016, 12:21:08 AM »
Man I was really struggling with where to put that 5th vote... so much to love in the stories here!!!!

To be honest, I think I only have 4 or 5 of the story authors figured out.

I think I got @Gem_Cutter @tebakutis and @Nora nailed, but there were two I felt like @Jmack could have written and I'm only 80% sure I got @m3mnoch figured out.  There's one story in particular who I REALLY want to know who wrote it...

Come on @Bradley Darewood tell us which one you really want to know the author of, so long as people refrain from going all critique-ey on it, that can't influence the voting by much.
AND, I've never said I wrote or would write anything for that month, so I'm very curious to see which story you think is mine!  :-X

@Jmack, you're predictable in a good way. You have great ideas and a great style that is unique enough to recognize (or so I damn hope haha)

@Lady_Ty, I think PMs are a great idea too.
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Offline J.R. Darewood

• aka Duckly Breadgood
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
  • Zork. And it was all downhill from there.
    • View Profile
    • Nerd Empire
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2016, 12:43:47 AM »

Maybe I could pantomime it, like a game of a charades:

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2016, 12:45:03 AM »
I was thinking @m3mnoch or @Raptori might have to write us a web page where we match stories to possible writers. Because they have nothing else to do.  8)
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2016, 12:49:27 AM »
That sounds fun... Wait, how do you propose to make that work actually? Doing a charade to have people guess a story's tittle?
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Offline m3mnoch

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2016, 12:52:29 AM »
I was thinking @m3mnoch or @Raptori might have to write us a web page where we match stories to possible writers. Because they have nothing else to do.  8)

HOW DID I NOT THINK OF THAT?!?!

Offline Nora

• Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2016, 01:55:07 AM »
m3m and Bradley we're still waiting on your list of fanatical admirations.

I voted myself, and cannot say I share everyone's enthusiasm. Only a few stories really caught my eyes this month, and even the one that had the best prose and inner beauty made me struggle with a little boredom in places. I was more impressed with the potions stories, or the breaking the fourth wall ones (damn that was a brilliant month).

btw, where are you, @OnlyOneHighlander !!! I want your stories!!  :'(

Offline J.R. Darewood

• aka Duckly Breadgood
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
  • Zork. And it was all downhill from there.
    • View Profile
    • Nerd Empire
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2016, 05:22:15 AM »

Well, I think there were certainly imperfections (in the weeks I've participated but also those in which I've lurked, usually my biggest concern is that I didn't feel a complete arc, which is understandably difficult to achieve given the word limits, the second concern usually being dialogue/cloudy character motivations revealed therein)...

...but I felt like many of the stories this month had strengths that were incredibly strong, even if they didn't rate high on every element, what they did well they did really really well and it made it exciting for me to read.

Personally I liked this month better than potions, but to be fair I'm more of a corpsey kinda guy so I thought the prompt was particularly fitting, providing an enticing, excitement-building element while being general enough to allow the creativity and flexibility necessary for great stories. 

Offline ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2016, 12:15:26 PM »
btw, where are you, @OnlyOneHighlander !!! I want your stories!!  :'(

And I miss @Rukaio_Alter's stories :'(

(and I *really* need to start reading this month!!!!)
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline Nora

• Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2016, 12:37:32 PM »
99% sure Rukaio wrote a story this month so you should be fine :p

Offline Rukaio_Alter

• Writing Contest Regular and Ineffectual Comic Relief
  • Writing Group
  • Ambient Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2016, 02:13:46 PM »
99% sure Rukaio wrote a story this month so you should be fine :p
I have no idea what you're talking about.

*whistles innocently*
5 Times Winner of the Forum Writing Contest who Totally Hasn't Let it All go to his Head.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Also, <Insert GOD EMPEROR OF THE WRITING CONTEST joke here>

Offline Nora

• Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2016, 02:43:11 PM »
I don't believe your mouth has the power to flex in any way that might produce an innocent whistle.

Offline Rukaio_Alter

• Writing Group
  • Ambient Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2016, 02:49:57 PM »
I don't believe your mouth has the power to flex in any way that might produce an innocent whistle.
Alright then.

*splutters innocently*
5 Times Winner of the Forum Writing Contest who Totally Hasn't Let it All go to his Head.

Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Nora

• Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2016, 02:51:43 PM »
Alright then.

*splutters innocently*

Spluttering is a thing guilty people do when they're being called out on their bs.
You won't escape.  :P

Offline Rukaio_Alter

• Writing Group
  • Ambient Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2016, 03:06:14 PM »
Alright then.

*splutters innocently*

Spluttering is a thing guilty people do when they're being called out on their bs.
You won't escape.  :P

Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline m3mnoch

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2016, 04:24:55 PM »
oh, hey!  guess what i did this morning?!?

http://m3mnoch.com/main/corpses/