December 10, 2019, 07:56:30 AM

Author Topic: [Oct 2016] - Corpses - THE GREAT REVEAL  (Read 9682 times)

Offline Lanko

• Sherlanko Holmes, Jiin Wei and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
    • View Profile
    • Lanko's Goodreads
Re: [Oct 2016] - Corpses - THE GREAT REVEAL
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2016, 12:40:38 AM »
Damn you Gem Cutter-- I was sure you wrote the long poem!!!!!
Yes, and of course, I did not hit the like button on that one, so that it would appear that I was being modest and not liking my own work. Dance puppets! Daaaaance!

And you also didn't like The Grinning Man  ::)

I guess I should have hired a Watson. Or maybe it was xiagan who was Xiatson but he was working against me. What can a Sherlanko do in such a case?

Maybe I should've picked 007 as my inspiration. Things may have gotten too modern for Sherlock.

Slow and steady wins the race.

Lanko's Year in Books 2019

Offline tebakutis

• Falsely Puffed Up Rascal Pig and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
    • View Profile
    • www.tebakutis.com
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2016, 12:43:21 AM »

Damn you Gem Cutter-- I was sure you wrote the long poem!!!!!
Well... at least I got Tebakutis right!!!!

I basically sucked at guessing.  I'm dying to know who the one person who guessed mine correctly was :)

When I looked at the guesses (after making my own) I want to say 5 out 6 had me pegged. It seems I have a style! :0

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2016, 12:51:49 AM »
Honestly it would have been harder to peg you if you hadn't been the only space sci-fi, but you do have a strong voice. Not sure if you were identified out of your prose or if people thought "spaceship! Tebakutis.' :P
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Offline The Gem Cutter

• Captain Analogy
  • Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
  • We've exhausted all possibilities - time to begin.
    • View Profile
    • The Gem Cutter Tales
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2016, 01:11:54 AM »
My deceptions included not liking a poem and a story, and liking my own, although I normally like every entry to every contest except my own, of course. I thought I'd go all action for a change, and since I've never posted anything in prose for a contest or any real action scenes for my WIP for critiques, that would also throw Lanko and the other investigators off the trail. I knew 1st person would make me stand out, but I like it.
ETA: I think I did not hit the like button on two poems and two stories, none of which were mine.
I am surprised how many people attached me to other stories, but I guess everyone was.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 01:13:25 AM by The Gem Cutter »
The Gem Cutter
"Each time, there is the same problem: do I dare? And then if you do dare, the dangers are there, and the help also, and the fulfillment or the fiasco. There's always the possibility of a fiasco. But there's also the possibility of bliss." - Joseph Campbell

Offline J.R. Darewood

• aka Duckly Breadgood
  • Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
  • Zork. And it was all downhill from there.
    • View Profile
    • Nerd Empire
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2016, 03:28:14 AM »
I chose Bradley for your story, because it reminded me of one he wrote for an anthology also set in a service station, but quite quite different.

Awwwwe @Lady_Ty I just remembered how sweet you were for reading my story aaaall the way at the end of that anthology!!!!  The real give-away for my stories is that a strangely large proportion of them tend to take place in a toilet-- so if you ever see an anonymous toilet story in the future, chances are....