October 15, 2019, 10:06:39 AM

Author Topic: [Oct 2016] - Corpses - Discussion Thread  (Read 30189 times)

Offline The Gem Cutter

• Captain Analogy
  • Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
  • We've exhausted all possibilities - time to begin.
    • View Profile
    • The Gem Cutter Tales
Re: [Oct 2016] - Corpses - Discussion Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2016, 08:22:07 PM »
Thank you sir!
The Gem Cutter
"Each time, there is the same problem: do I dare? And then if you do dare, the dangers are there, and the help also, and the fulfillment or the fiasco. There's always the possibility of a fiasco. But there's also the possibility of bliss." - Joseph Campbell

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2016, 09:53:08 PM »
Now I think I need to write a poem for this month.
Though no threat promise it'll be over 500 words.
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline m3mnoch

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2016, 10:16:04 PM »
we should have a poem-only month.

i keep wanting to write one, but always come up with a more fun story instead.

Offline The Gem Cutter

• Captain Analogy
  • Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
  • We've exhausted all possibilities - time to begin.
    • View Profile
    • The Gem Cutter Tales
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2016, 10:32:23 PM »

Given the gloom & doom of similar discussions, such an idea would be disastrous and could do irreparable harm. Pretty sure every time you type "we should..." somewhere a goldfish jumps out of its bowl, a puppy dies, and a kitten falls into a washing machine.
The Gem Cutter
"Each time, there is the same problem: do I dare? And then if you do dare, the dangers are there, and the help also, and the fulfillment or the fiasco. There's always the possibility of a fiasco. But there's also the possibility of bliss." - Joseph Campbell

Offline night_wrtr

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2016, 10:36:00 PM »

Given the gloom & doom of similar discussions, such an idea would be disastrous and could do irreparable harm. Pretty sure every time you type "we should..." somewhere a goldfish jumps out of its bowl, a puppy dies, and a kitten falls into a washing machine.

Hahaha. The goldfish, though. Hahahha

Offline m3mnoch

« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2016, 10:48:34 PM »

Hahaha. The goldfish, though. Hahahha

i now know the exact corpse i'm writing about this month!

Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Osahon

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2016, 11:34:31 AM »
Hey, how do you submit your work through a personal message

Offline Osahon

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2016, 11:41:40 AM »
Also, I have never been able to my submit my previous work into the monthly writing contests. If you can't submit your work as a file attachment, then how do you submit it?

Offline Lady Ty

• Blessed River Lady and Defender of Baby Dragons
  • Ta'veren
  • So-Old-That-She-Can-Nearly-Be-Called-Oldest-Ty
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2016, 12:09:06 PM »
Also, I have never been able to my submit my previous work into the monthly writing contests. If you can't submit your work as a file attachment, then how do you submit it?
Hey, how do you submit your work through a personal message

OK  @Osahon here goes
To submit a story in a normal month write it in Word in as near perfection as you can with word count and edits done.  Select All then Copy

Open the Submission thread, click Reply, Paste your story and put it in spoilers by selecting all then clicking on  the SP icon above.

Add your comment and title at the beginning above the Spoiler, and Post it. From now on you can still go in  to do minor edits ( Modify) etc until the thread closes but remember many people read as the stories appear and  may not re read again.

This month with Anonymous Go to My Messages at top Menu here,  and send your story as a message in exactly the same way as described above when sending to the Submission thread. Where it gives you the To box put in Anonymous .  It will probablymay or may not give you a red Anonymus with an X below the box. That is fine and it will work.When you have completed the message Post it and it will be transferred to the main thread in due course by the moderator in this case Xiagan probably. Hope that makes sense . Good luck.

ETA Sorry forgot to mention that paragraph double spacing and effects like italics or bold will not come over from Word so once you have got your story safely posted go back in straight away with Modify and edit for those things.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 12:41:07 PM by Lady_Ty »
“This is the problem with even lesser demons. They come to your doorstep in velvet coats and polished shoes. They tip their hats and smile and demonstrate good table manners. They never show you their tails.” 
Leigh Bardugo, The Language of Thorns: Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic

Offline Mr.J

• Anus Dracula formerly known as Arse Demon and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
  • Tweedy impertinence
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2016, 07:30:44 PM »
Dead, and delicious.

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2016, 02:13:22 AM »
Dead, and delicious.

What We Do In The Shadows is awesome. However I'm unsure whether vampires quite count as corpses? Do they? Depends on the lore, but I'd not dare to go down that way.

Here's a great show for another type of inspiration!

« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 02:54:54 AM by Nora »
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Offline wakarimasen

• Writing Contest Regular
  • Builder
  • Currently suffering multiple story disorder...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2016, 11:33:55 AM »
I'm sure this will be a fun one, not grave at all. But as I've got myself a new WIP I'm going to committ to that instead. I'll swing by and vote still, but with limited time I really want to knuckle down to the long form for a while..

(unless I have a sudden moment of frustration and then I'll knock out a flash fiction stylee thing... but no promises)

knock 'em dead people...

Offline m3mnoch

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2016, 03:52:17 PM »
srsly.  in this thread, apparently we need a rimshot button.

like this:
http://instantrimshot.com/classic/?sound=rimshot

maybe raptori can help me figure out how to embed one in the page . . .

Offline shadowkat678

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2016, 06:26:23 PM »
Yo...I'm back. I haven't been replying because I was tired of "I'll do this!" then not doing squat. However...for this, I already wrote 626 words. I just need to figure out the ending, and I have a whole months. I just started today and am already 1/2 to 1/3 through it, depending on final length that's a whole month I have for revision.

I'm so proud of myself. I'll have something this time!!! Should I finish. But I should. And it's looking really good so far. :)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 06:28:37 PM by shadowkat678 »
Be not a writer, but a Storyweaver. For that, my friend, is how you'll truly leave your mark.

Offline Mr.J

• Anus Dracula formerly known as Arse Demon and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
  • Tweedy impertinence
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2016, 08:33:12 PM »
What We Do In The Shadows is awesome. However I'm unsure whether vampires quite count as corpses? Do they? Depends on the lore, but I'd not dare to go down that way.
Yea I tried to find a gif of the zombie in that film dancing but couldn't get one. :(