May 26, 2017, 10:11:08 AM

Author Topic: [Nov 2015] - Mighty Beasts - Discussion Thread  (Read 15221 times)

Offline m3mnoch

• Writing Contest Regular!!!
  • Writing Group
  • Ta'veren
    • View Profile
    • About Me
Re: [Nov 2015] - Mighty Beasts - Discussion Thread
« Reply #180 on: November 30, 2015, 03:19:14 PM »
am i the only one who LITERALLY does a fist-pump and shouts "yes!" whenever someone submits a story?
Yes, I'm assuming you are the only one.  ;) ;D

m3mnoch high-fives ArcaneArtsVelho

I have a feeling that this month, odd as it's been, may be the hardest one for me to vote for. I've already read a bunch of really, really good stories.

oh man.  don't tell me that.  i haven't read any of them yet.  i hate hard decisions.

Offline ScarletBea

• Positive Invisible Fighter - and bringer of Cake. 2nd in Command of the Writing Contest
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #181 on: November 30, 2015, 03:53:17 PM »
am i the only one who LITERALLY does a fist-pump and shouts "yes!" whenever someone submits a story?
Yes, I'm assuming you are the only one.  ;) ;D
I have to agree ;D

Just finished my story (about 1350 words), but I will have to edit it massively before posting. So, later today.
I've got the power to close, so just let me know - you can still do it tomorrow morning hehe
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 03:58:58 PM by ScarletBea »
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!
"There is no way to kill someone mercifully. (...) They may claim that their victims did not suffer. They lie. All they may truly say is that the victim's suffering was invisible to them." Robin Hobb ("Fool's Assassin")

Offline Raptori

• Barbarian who does not use the Oxford comma and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • the prettiest kitty cat in the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 30, 2015, 04:19:59 PM »
We're still writing too!
I wish the world was flat like the old days, then I could travel just by folding a map.

Offline ScarletBea

• Positive Invisible Fighter - and bringer of Cake. 2nd in Command of the Writing Contest
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #183 on: November 30, 2015, 04:24:54 PM »
Yay!
I plan to close the thread halfway through tomorrow, but I'll keep an eye out then :)
"There is no way to kill someone mercifully. (...) They may claim that their victims did not suffer. They lie. All they may truly say is that the victim's suffering was invisible to them." Robin Hobb ("Fool's Assassin")

Offline ArcaneArtsVelho

• Secretly I'm laughing about jurassic raccoon testicles. And a Writing Contest Regular
  • Valheru
  • Only partially responsible for my custom title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 30, 2015, 04:43:20 PM »
m3mnoch high-fives ArcaneArtsVelho
Oops, almost forgot to reply and left you hanging. [High-fives m3mnoch]
 ;D

I plan to close the thread halfway through tomorrow, but I'll keep an eye out then :)
Sounds tempting. No! Must... resist. Must post the story today.
 :P
Everything I wrote above is pure conjecture. I don't know what I'm talking about.

I'm a perfectionist but not very good at anything. That's why I rarely finish things.

Offline ArcaneArtsVelho

• Secretly I'm laughing about jurassic raccoon testicles. And a Writing Contest Regular
  • Valheru
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 30, 2015, 11:33:44 PM »
Double post.

My story is in the submissions. Still need to read it once or twice in the morning. It's sleepy time now.

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/sleep/sleep-in-bed.gif height=34
Everything I wrote above is pure conjecture. I don't know what I'm talking about.

I'm a perfectionist but not very good at anything. That's why I rarely finish things.

Offline m3mnoch

• Writing Contest Regular!!!
  • Writing Group
  • Ta'veren
    • View Profile
    • About Me
« Reply #186 on: November 30, 2015, 11:36:46 PM »
YES!!

/fistpump

/fireworks

Offline Raptori

• Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 01, 2015, 10:20:42 AM »
Hmm... our story doesn't quite have an ending yet (close-ish though, just a matter of finding the right closing sentences), and the bits that do exist are a mess and need at least a couple of hours of editing. Can't even start on that for a couple of hours - just about to have a meeting - so I don't think we're going to make it.  :-\
I wish the world was flat like the old days, then I could travel just by folding a map.

Offline ArcaneArtsVelho

• Valheru
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 01, 2015, 10:28:59 AM »
Hmm... our story doesn't quite have an ending yet (close-ish though, just a matter of finding the right closing sentences), and the bits that do exist are a mess and need at least a couple of hours of editing. Can't even start on that for a couple of hours - just about to have a meeting - so I don't think we're going to make it.  :-\
:( :( :(
We need a moderatorly intervention!
(Moderatorly isn't a word, is it?)

YES!!

/fistpump

/fireworks
Yay! I just hope you are as excited about the story even after you read it.  ;)

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ta'veren
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 01, 2015, 11:07:59 AM »
Yeah, could you hold it up till Raptori posts, @ScarletBea? Like Xiagan did for me when I finished my horrible submission in the middle of the night two months ago?
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Offline ScarletBea

• Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #190 on: December 01, 2015, 11:25:10 AM »
Ok, because you're all so nice :)

Offline Raptori

• Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 01, 2015, 12:00:20 PM »
Aww thanks you three, we'll try to be as quick as possible! It's going to be even more embarrassing now once you all read the story and see just how awful it is...  :-[

Offline Jmack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing context regular
  • Writing Group
  • Elderling
  • ridiculously obscure is my super power.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 01, 2015, 12:01:40 PM »
Aww thanks you three, we'll try to be as quick as possible! It's going to be even more embarrassing now once you all read the story and see just how awful it is...  :-[
Pfft!
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)

Offline Raptori

• Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 01, 2015, 12:03:19 PM »
Pfft!
Seriously, there are loads of obvious flaws that we wouldn't be able to fix without a complete rewrite. Not much we can do about those ones!

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ta'veren
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 01, 2015, 01:31:56 PM »
Pfft!
Seriously, there are loads of obvious flaws that we wouldn't be able to fix without a complete rewrite. Not much we can do about those ones!

Well, see how it turned out for me on the month I finished by trashing 2/3 of the story from 3 to 4am on the last minute, and posted without re-reading myself? Not happy with the result, incredibly pleased I stole a couple of votes and almost forgot the whole event now!  :P
Take it as a good exercise and do your best guys!
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Tags: