September 21, 2019, 04:59:42 PM

Author Topic: [May 2015] - Fairytales - Critique Thread  (Read 6189 times)

Offline Raptori

• Barbarian who does not use the Oxford comma and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • the prettiest kitty cat in the world
    • View Profile
Re: [May 2015] - Fairytales - Critique Thread
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2015, 07:31:52 PM »
It's all about the challenge, xiagan likes to make things difficult!  ;D
I wish the world was flat like the old days, then I could travel just by folding a map.

Offline xiagan

• Writing Contest Organizer
  • Powers That Be
  • Elderling
  • Master Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2015, 09:37:38 PM »
Not gonna lie, Fairytales was not a strong topic for me, but neither was Multi PoV nor the sub 500 words of this month. I think I upset xiagan at some point along the line ><.
If it goes on I'm just going to believe that you don't have strong topics at all.  ;D
It's certainly not that I'm basing the monthly themes on what I found out when stalking you.  ;)
"Sire, I had no need of that hypothesis." (Laplace)

Offline D_Bates

• Story Critiquaire Extraordinaire and a Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Bridgeburner
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2015, 10:50:48 AM »
This month seems pointless since I struggle to write a forum post under 500 words let alone a story! I'm hoping next month will break the streak though. I've been looking back on topics over the past year and thinking, God, why was I not around for that one!
David Bates
Works in progress:
Ciara: A Faun's Tale - 90,000; The K.B.G. - 100,000; Maria and the Jarls of Jotun - 90,000; The Shame that lurks in Stableton - current project; Ezra'il - Plotted. TBC July 2018

Offline Elfy

• Writing contest regular
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • Purple Dove House
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2015, 12:57:28 AM »
This month seems pointless since I struggle to write a forum post under 500 words let alone a story! I'm hoping next month will break the streak though. I've been looking back on topics over the past year and thinking, God, why was I not around for that one!
I thought that too. Lejays17 even teased me about it here. She claims that I struggle to keep an opening paragraph under 500 words, let alone an entire story, but that in part is why they're called Challenges. 500 is a tight word count, but I've read some of your other entries and I think you can do it, you've got an inventive mind and you use your words well. I haven't posted it yet, still needs some polishing, but I did manage an entry under 500 words for this month's challenge.
I will expand your TBR pile.

http://purpledovehouse.blogspot.com

Offline D_Bates

• Story Critiquaire Extraordinaire and a Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Bridgeburner
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2015, 07:38:06 PM »
Funnily enough, I had an idea last night, but it's a bit of a morbid one so I guess I'll see how it goes. Good luck to both of us ramblers!
David Bates
Works in progress:
Ciara: A Faun's Tale - 90,000; The K.B.G. - 100,000; Maria and the Jarls of Jotun - 90,000; The Shame that lurks in Stableton - current project; Ezra'il - Plotted. TBC July 2018