March 08, 2021, 04:31:53 PM

Author Topic: [Mar 2016] - Nightmares - Discussion Thread  (Read 35450 times)

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
Re: [Mar 2016] - Nightmares - Discussion Thread
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2016, 03:02:09 PM »
Awesome! Were you in a good kawai servant dress like the japanese like?
Was a traditional thing like in Spirited Away's bath house. The pay was shit tho which is why I left.  :P

Such a cold, sadly realistic reason to leave your job! Not like they made you scrub smelly spirits or deal with puky no-faces.
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Offline Henry Dale

• The Unsummonable and a Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2016, 03:12:21 PM »
Awesome! Were you in a good kawai servant dress like the japanese like?
Was a traditional thing like in Spirited Away's bath house. The pay was shit tho which is why I left.  :P

Such a cold, sadly realistic reason to leave your job! Not like they made you scrub smelly spirits or deal with puky no-faces.
Nope, all I did was serve food, clean up and fetch things.
For some reason I was considered the best girl in the staff but got paid the minimum wage. Clients were asking to be served by me. My boss refused to give me a raise however...
In-dream the sex change wasn't considered an odd thing though it was a bit weird being smaller.

Offline Doctor_Chill

• RPG Ringleader and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ta'veren
  • You've been pugged.
    • Acerbic Writing
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2016, 03:42:00 PM »
Got somewhat of an idea; got some loose strings of prose to accompany said idea. Might get to writing this eventually.
“It’s a dangerous thing, pretense. A man ought to know who he is, even if he isn’t proud to be it.” - Tomorrow the Killing, Daniel Polansky

For book reviews - https://acerbicwriting.com/

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2016, 04:33:22 PM »
In-dream the sex change wasn't considered an odd thing though it was a bit weird being smaller.

Was reading just the bottom-most post and quoted prior posts, wondering quite a lot. Until I got to this part.  ;D
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Henry Dale

• Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2016, 04:37:54 PM »

Was reading just the bottom-most post and quoted prior posts, wondering quite a lot. Until I got to this part.  ;D

I expect at least one sex change entry. Otherwise I'll be sorely disappointed  :P

Offline Henry Dale

• Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2016, 06:32:37 PM »
Double post.
At 1296 words now and finished, but I hope people will understand the kind of story I'm trying to tell.
Anyone else agree that dreams are a complicated mess?  :P

Will re-read and maybe have someone proof it for me it before I submit it.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 06:45:37 PM by Henry Dale »

Offline Lanko

• Sherlanko Holmes, Jiin Wei and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Khaleesi
    • Lanko's Goodreads
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2016, 09:09:19 PM »
You guys are cruising through the theme! I have no idea what I'm gonna do with this one.
Slow and steady wins the race.

Lanko's Year in Books 2019

Offline Blackthorn

• Godling
[Mar 2016] - Nightmares - Discussion Thread
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2016, 09:28:30 PM »
My idea started off working well but now the whole idea is starting to depress me. And it doesn't have a single shred of fantasy elements which is odd to me.

But at least I can hope that I put an interesting twist on my interpretation of nightmares::) and hopefully no one else had the same idea.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Offline night_wrtr

• Writing Contest Regular
  • Auror
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2016, 09:41:31 PM »
You guys are cruising through the theme! I have no idea what I'm gonna do with this one.

Same here. Not sure what direction to go in.

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2016, 11:05:09 PM »
Bah, it's a graphic theme, so some are bound to get ideas straight away. Don't worry guys, it's just the 4th.
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Offline Rukaio_Alter

• Writing Contest Regular and Ineffectual Comic Relief
  • Writing Group
  • Ambient Mage
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2016, 06:42:05 PM »
Hey, you know how I said in February I was aiming to swing back to doing some more serious stuff? Well, considering how dark and serious a theme this is, it's only natural that my brain immediately went with the silliest idea I could come up with.

However, I'm a little bit worried that I haven't pulled off the main conceit of my story as well as I could have and would like an outside view on it. So I was wondering if someone would like an advanced read to tell me what they think? Any takers?
5 Times Winner of the Forum Writing Contest who Totally Hasn't Let it All go to his Head.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Also, <Insert GOD EMPEROR OF THE WRITING CONTEST joke here>

Offline tebakutis

• Falsely Puffed Up Rascal Pig and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
    • www.tebakutis.com
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2016, 07:13:30 PM »
I'm in! This has been one of the more enjoyable themes for me. The thing I really like about these contests is that the prompts get me writing stories I don't think I ever would have written without them. Looking forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with.

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2016, 07:26:20 PM »
The One thing I really like about these contests is that the prompts get me writing stories I don't think I ever would have written without them.

^ This, absolutely.
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Rukaio_Alter

• Writing Contest Regular and Ineffectual Comic Relief
  • Writing Group
  • Ambient Mage
« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2016, 10:27:57 PM »
Hey, you know how I said in February I was aiming to swing back to doing some more serious stuff? Well, considering how dark and serious a theme this is, it's only natural that my brain immediately went with the silliest idea I could come up with.

However, I'm a little bit worried that I haven't pulled off the main conceit of my story as well as I could have and would like an outside view on it. So I was wondering if someone would like an advanced read to tell me what they think? Any takers?
So nobody's up for this?
5 Times Winner of the Forum Writing Contest who Totally Hasn't Let it All go to his Head.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Also, <Insert GOD EMPEROR OF THE WRITING CONTEST joke here>

Offline Blackthorn

• Godling
« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2016, 11:14:26 PM »

So nobody's up for this?
I will but I don't know that my opinion means much. Just send it to me if you want me to look at it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Edited for mild idiocy
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 01:21:53 AM by Blackthorn »