October 29, 2020, 10:00:49 PM

Author Topic: Who is Reading Along? :)  (Read 12400 times)

Offline Mazarkis

Re: Who is Reading Along? :)
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2012, 05:27:17 PM »
Me me me

Offline xiagan

• Writing Contest Organizer
  • Powers That Be
  • Ringbearer
  • Master Procrastinator
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2012, 08:18:38 PM »
Just ordered it, even though the bulb doesn't appeal to me that much. We'll see. :)
"Sire, I had no need of that hypothesis." (Laplace)

Offline Langolin

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2012, 02:48:50 AM »
Ordered! I thought I'd try ordering it through my local book store instead of Amazon, since the last book I bought from Amazon took almost a month to arrive. Fingers crossed.

Offline Arry

• Cat of the Canals
  • Administrator
  • Elderling
  • Faceless
    • Tenacious Reader
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2012, 05:45:30 PM »
OK ... I tried searching again, no luck.... so I decided to check Amazon's UK site (I'm in the US), and lo and behold ... there they were.... anyone know if it's possible for me to get one in the US using the UK site? Since its digital content, it seems absurd that it's not universally available. ... I can order a physical book though, so I may do that if I cant get the Kindle version
I think you'll need a UK registered credit card in order to purchase a book from the UK store. Sometimes I wish I can purchase content from the US store too.

I just wish the publishing industry will catch up soon and do something about worldwide ebook rights.
Thanks, that's what I figured.

I did check and my local library has it, so I put a hold on it and just have to remember to go pick it up.

so ... I am in. And on the plus side, with the physical books, the flight attendants wont make me put it away on take off and landing when I head out for vacation this weekend.

Sorry again! It never occured to me that it wouldn't be available from Amazon.com. *facepalm*

No problem at all .... it's actually good, because I do really want to read the book, and probably would have never gotten motivated to find a non-kindle version of it without it being a book clud read.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only once.”
-- George R.R. Martin

http://www.tenaciousreader.com

http://www.speculativeherald.com

Offline Noona

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2012, 08:12:21 PM »
I'm going to give it a skip this month - trying to read The Long Earth, Whispers Under Ground, Neuromancer (plus trying to work my way DOWN the TBR pile, not up...) this month, plus work and social stuff *gasp* I don't think I'll have time!

deadphilosophy

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2012, 11:50:36 PM »
I am new as well but I'll be joining. Apparently I've silently read everything you guys have done the last couple months anyways. I didn't see anything against it, but for those having problem finding the amazon link with both books in one here you go:
http://www.amazon.com/The-Book-New-Gene-Wolfe/dp/1568658079

theotheotheo

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2012, 05:45:01 AM »
hi!~! i guess i`ll be in if i can get a copy of that book.. ^^

theotheotheo

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2012, 05:11:07 AM »
just had my copy.. IM in

Offline Idlewilder

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2012, 06:43:50 PM »
Just back from my holiday so I'll be starting this at the end of the week, hopefully after I've finished The City and The City and the sci-fi book club's choice, Neuromancer. Got a lot less reading don last week than I intended.
Make Another World.

Offline Jeni

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2012, 12:28:05 PM »
I haven't read enough of the first book to be able to post in any of the other threads, so I'm admitting a temporary defeat here. I havent been able to get past the first couple of chapters in time to chip in with Julys chatter. Every so often my brain goes wonky and I become reclusive and antisocial. When this happens practically all I do is work and sleep and trying to read is about as easy as something thats actually nigh on impossible. I'm sorry I missed this months book, I voted for it and from what little I did manage I think I will like it when I do read it ( hopefully somethime over the next few weeks ). I'll add my penniesworth to the discussion threads then.

Offline Arry

• Cat of the Canals
  • Administrator
  • Elderling
  • Faceless
    • Tenacious Reader
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2012, 03:32:29 AM »
I haven't read enough of the first book to be able to post in any of the other threads, so I'm admitting a temporary defeat here. I havent been able to get past the first couple of chapters in time to chip in with Julys chatter. Every so often my brain goes wonky and I become reclusive and antisocial. When this happens practically all I do is work and sleep and trying to read is about as easy as something thats actually nigh on impossible. I'm sorry I missed this months book, I voted for it and from what little I did manage I think I will like it when I do read it ( hopefully somethime over the next few weeks ). I'll add my penniesworth to the discussion threads then.
Dont feel bad, life happens, plus as far as I know, there are only two of us that did finish this one ... or at least that joined in discussions. There were a couple of comments from people that had read it previously and a few people that commented about starting it, but if they finished, they never commented again. If you do read it, I would definitely be interested to still hear what you have to say :)
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only once.”
-- George R.R. Martin

http://www.tenaciousreader.com

http://www.speculativeherald.com

Offline DBASKLS

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2012, 08:36:28 PM »
I'm in - just ordered it off Greenmetropolis.com  :D

Haven't started it yet. I think I'll come back to it later in the year.
  • Currently reading : Dominion - C J Sansom
  • On hold : The Way of Kings - Brandon Sanderson