November 18, 2018, 07:01:40 PM

Author Topic: Part 2: Children of the Fog, Ch 13-39  (Read 2998 times)

Offline tebakutis

• Falsely Puffed Up Rascal Pig and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
    • View Profile
    • www.tebakutis.com
Re: Part 2: Children of the Fog, Ch 13-39
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2016, 04:05:38 PM »
I've stalled at the start of Part 3, not because I don't want to read on, but because I've been insanely busy. Yesterday, I finished implementing the last major writer's group feedback on the manuscript going off to Angry Robot, so tonight and Saturday will be final reading polish on that. Then, I'm going to try to bang out at least another 15k on Bloodmender before the family gets back on Tuesday.

I'll probably end up racing through the last half of Copper Promise near the end of this month, so expect comments from me in the last few days!

Offline Justan Henner

• Barbarian who pronounces are, our and hour all the same way
  • Writing Group
  • Auror
    • View Profile
Re: Part 2: Children of the Fog, Ch 13-39
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2016, 04:28:54 AM »
I'm a ways behind due to some real life stuff (had to push up my study schedule due to some unfortunate surprises), but I'm still reading. Part 1 wasn't really my thing, but Part 2 really pulled it back for me. Loved all of it. I was glad to see the book take a moment to better get to know the characters. I think that's what I was missing in part 1.

I'm really liking Sebastian. Seems an interesting character so far. I think my favorite though are the brood. Loved the picking names, and the names they picked. Very fun idea, the way they're learning as they go, and (presumably) becoming more human. I suspect their learned compassion will play a large role in the future.