February 27, 2021, 09:55:41 AM

Author Topic: Earthsea Week 4: Finished!  (Read 7744 times)

Offline Nighteyes

• Juicy dwarf/orc erotica to go.
  • Ringbearer
  • OH WOW! JUST WORKED OUT HOW TO DO THIS!!!!!
Re: Earthsea Week 4: Finished!
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2013, 07:35:11 PM »
TBH I really won't take your feminist rants seriously anymore. I am more feminist than you. You are just a contrary teenager disliking anything other people like to be 'edgy'. Boring. I met your type at university with their copies of the "Bell Jar." Ursuala LeGuin has contributed more to female writing in the fantasy genre than you ever will.
The Real Powers That Be

Offline Arry

• Cat of the Canals
  • Administrator
  • Elderling
  • Faceless
    • Tenacious Reader
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2013, 07:42:12 PM »
Alright, friendly request here. How about we move on and keep comments in the context of the book and our thoughts about on it specifically and not on other individuals. We all have the right to voice our opinions and reasons why we like or dislike a book, not everyone has to agree. If you disagree, address it in context to the book :)

And I did quite enjoy the essay Gariath posted by Le Guin.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only once.”
-- George R.R. Martin

http://www.tenaciousreader.com

http://www.speculativeherald.com

Offline eclipse

• Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
  • Elderling
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2014, 01:32:16 PM »
I liked it didn't think I would I kept putting it off, the only thing I didn't like was we spent so little time with the scenes it was straight onto the next thing I would have liked to spend a bit more time on them it was way better then foundling

Prince and Princess of Desolation that was sad the Old woman giving a broken ring to Ged :(
According to some,* heroic deaths are admirable things

* Generally those who don't have to do it.Politicians and writers spring to mind

Jonathan Stroud:Ptolmy's Gate