Weird Shit - Elfy
6 (7.5%)
PLAGUE DOCTOR OF VENICE - D_Bates
2 (2.5%)
A Sliver of the Sky - Jmack
9 (11.3%)
The Squid Priest - Lordoftheword
1 (1.3%)
Dead Men's Diets - from the archives of the Department of Supernature - Swansea Branch - Alex Hormann
4 (5%)
Troll's End - Anonymous
4 (5%)
The Boy Who Spoke Dakota - LightRunner
3 (3.8%)
Service with a Smile - Rukaio_Alter
8 (10%)
Knights and Magic - shadowkat678
2 (2.5%)
The Rules - ArcaneArtsVelho
3 (3.8%)
Crossroads - Lanko
4 (5%)
All I want is peace - Writerlife
5 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: March 02, 2017, 09:08:20 PM

Author Topic: [Jan 2017] - Urban Fantasy - Voting Thread  (Read 15749 times)

Online ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
[Jan 2017] - Urban Fantasy - Voting Thread
« on: February 02, 2017, 10:25:50 AM »
It's time to vote on January's Writing Contest: Urban Fantasy!

We got 18 entries this month - thanks to all of you for participating!

Please read through all of the entries in the submission thread and place your votes for your four favourite entries in this thread. You won't be able to see the vote breakdown until the vote closes, so spread the word for others to come and vote! We do ask that if you entered, to vote for someone else.

The key for the numbers of votes is this: 1-5 entries: 1 vote, 5-10 entries: 2 votes, 11-15 entries: 3 votes, 16-19: 4 votes, 20-25: 5 votes, 26+: 6 votes

Remember that the winning entry will be posted on the main Fantasy-Faction site in a few months.

Good luck to all our entrants and thank you for taking the time to read the stories and vote! :)
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
Re: [Jan 2017] - Urban Fantasy - Voting Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 11:02:52 AM »
Alright. I don't want to come across as pushy, but I'd like to re-state that if you have read my submission earlier in the month, a story about a cop chasing an artist, then please, read again, as my story has been replaced by something entirely different. Sorryyy~~
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Offline Lordoftheword

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 02:19:40 PM »
Alright. I don't want to come across as pushy, but I'd like to re-state that if you have read my submission earlier in the month, a story about a cop chasing an artist, then please, read again, as my story has been replaced by something entirely different. Sorryyy~~

@Nora - I haven't read your updated story yet, but I did LOVE your cop artist story.

*plants the nefarious seed of doubt. ::)
Author of Tournament of Hearts: The Librarian Gladiator.
Check out my embarrassing misadventures @ www.dustindoes.com

Offline m3mnoch

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 04:06:49 PM »

@Nora - I haven't read your updated story yet, but I did LOVE your cop artist story.

*plants the nefarious seed of doubt. ::)

Thank you for the compliment, glad you liked it and truly sorry I'm doubling your load for me this month. But ultimately I love this one more. So, no reegrats!  :D
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Offline DevinBM

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 04:41:15 PM »
sooooo many stories right at the end. I have to find some spare moments to read them all. Stupid Egyptian language refresher is messing with my reading time.  >:(

Offline Nora

• Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2017, 04:48:33 PM »
sooooo many stories right at the end. I have to find some spare moments to read them all. Stupid Egyptian language refresher is messing with my reading time.  >:(

Just vote for me, and be done with it. Fast and easy!  ;D

Offline DevinBM

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2017, 04:51:12 PM »
OH NO!!! I voted for two of them, but couldn't get the other votes in. It won't let me vote for the others now!!! HOW DO I FIX THIS?

If I can't, I'll post them here. Maybe someone can throw my votes in with theirs?

Online ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2017, 04:54:45 PM »
Help @xiagan! The stupid code messed up again, and it's showing votes now >:(
I can't fix it, please do so for me, thanks!

And it's not allowing people to change their votes (even though I selected that)!!! I voted for one just to test Devin's problem and now it doesn't let me vote again/correct my votes >:(

And please remove 2 days from the duration, it's showing voting ending on 3rd March ::)

I've locked voting for now, to reduce the mess until xia's able to fix it (**mumble mumble no actual useful moderator abilities mumble mumble**)

ARGH! :'(
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 04:58:10 PM by ScarletBea »
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline DevinBM

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2017, 05:47:17 PM »
If you end up resetting the voting, can you see who voted for what and auto-input back in, or do we have to recast our votes after it resets?

Offline Lordoftheword

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2017, 10:27:34 PM »
Help @xiagan! The stupid code messed up again, and it's showing votes now >:(
I can't fix it, please do so for me, thanks!

And it's not allowing people to change their votes (even though I selected that)!!! I voted for one just to test Devin's problem and now it doesn't let me vote again/correct my votes >:(

And please remove 2 days from the duration, it's showing voting ending on 3rd March ::)

I've locked voting for now, to reduce the mess until xia's able to fix it (**mumble mumble no actual useful moderator abilities mumble mumble**)

ARGH! :'(

ARGH!!!  ;D

Good thing we have 26 more days to vote.

But...is it truly enough time?

Should we keep the time of voting until March 2nd to account for the short month of February, therefore pushing back every month of voting by a few days until we all quit voting/posting stories because it makes no logical sense?

DEBATE

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Ringbearer
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • View Profile
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2017, 10:31:51 PM »
In Trumpian voice:

I'll have no problem at all debating. I'm the best, the master debater, no one comes close.
The contest can end when I say it ends. Let's make the Forum great again!

(Meanwhile, JMack says, end it on 28'Feb.)  :)
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Lordoftheword

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2017, 10:41:21 PM »
In Trumpian voice:

I'll have no problem at all debating. I'm the best, the master debater, no one comes close.
The contest can end when I say it ends. Let's make the Forum great again!

(Meanwhile, JMack says, end it on 28'Feb.)  :)

I'm just thrilled to have stepped into my first role as debate moderator (self-appointed of course).

Though I'm pretty sure the debate will end right there. But it won't stop me from putting it on my resume ;)

Offline LightRunner

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2017, 03:19:51 AM »
ebook versions for all my friends!

Thanks for putting these out in a different format! I very much appreciate being able to take notes in the Word doc before voting.

Offline gennerik

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2017, 07:02:59 PM »
ebook versions for all my friends!

That's very helpful.  Thanks, m3mnoch!
Author of Lamentation's Peak
Part-time Dreamer / Full-time Speaker