October 19, 2019, 09:41:28 PM

Author Topic: [Apr 2019] - Erotica - Discussion Thread  (Read 4552 times)

Offline xiagan

• Writing Contest Organizer
  • Powers That Be
  • Elderling
  • Master Procrastinator
    • View Profile
[Apr 2019] - Erotica - Discussion Thread
« on: April 01, 2019, 10:38:25 PM »
Erotica - minors beware!

Spoiler because there are countries where female nipples are a problem while male nipples are for some reason okay.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Dragon's Tale III by Vitaly Sokol

You wanted it (even Wolfie asked for some good erotic fantasy stories!), you get it!
Show us how romantic, cheesy or comic you can be! We're of the opinion that good erotic fantasy must be humorous, so imaginary bonus points from us if you can make us laugh. :D

Bonus challenge: No werewolves and vampires!

Rules:

1. This must be prose or poetry.
2. This must contain (more or less graphic) erotic elements.
3. Prose must be 500-1500 words long.
4. Poetry must be 100-750 words long.
5. One story per person or writing team (not per account).
6. You will be disqualified if you exceed the limits, full stop. That's why they're called limits.
7. Your entry can't be published somewhere else before.
8. This is a writing contest, not a "I have written something like this ten years ago" contest. So if you happen to have a story that fits one of the themes, I'd like it to have a mayor overhaul/edit. Work for it. ;)
9. Please add your story's word count and, if you have, your twitter handle.
10. Please put your story in [ spoiler ] tags to make the thread easier to handle. :) You can find them above the smileys under the B.
Bonus rule: We consider voting in a contest you're taking part in a given. Others take time and effort to read the stories - you should do the same. A small community like ours lives from reciprocity and this contest needs stories as much as votes. 

If you want so submit your story anonymously you can do so by sending it in a personal message to @xiagan.

Entry will close April 30th/May 1st, 2019 and voting will begin somewhere around the same time too.

All members are eligible to join. If you are not a member you can join here. Sign up is free and all are welcome! :)

The winner will have their piece displayed on the main Fantasy Faction website sometime in the next months.
Submitting a story counts as published. The author retains all rights to their work.

Please post your entry here.

Note: This thread is only for questions or discussing this month's writing contest. Good luck!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 10:40:14 PM by xiagan »
"Sire, I had no need of that hypothesis." (Laplace)

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
Re: [Apr 2019] - Erotica - Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 11:58:09 PM »
Omg, Xia, I died at the picture...  ;D Surely there is better fantasy erotica out there?? – well, not like I actually want to look for it, so it's ok...  ::)

Interesting topic, though I don't think I'd survive reading all the stories on such a themed month... Plus good erotica should be dark, no? You know, J.R.Ward styles... No jokes... Sexy fallen angels with big dongs are really no jokes.

I'll think on it anyway.

P.S: this better be no joke, cause I'm spending post midnight hours writing on this prompt. I have 4 more days of holidays, so I want to see if I can write it up in that time. Erotica is a bit of a no-brainer, so it's coming dangerously easy.

p.p.s: No pun intended.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 12:50:15 AM by Nora »
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Offline Blackthorn

• Godling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 03:41:47 AM »
I was eagerly waiting for the first of the month. I haven't participated in the contest for something like 3 years if I'm not mistaken. I did not expect this particular theme.

I'll do my best to come up with something so I can get the uh....creative juices flowing...

Offline xiagan

• Powers That Be
  • Elderling
  • Master Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2019, 06:51:10 AM »
Omg, Xia, I died at the picture...  ;D Surely there is better fantasy erotica out there?? – well, not like I actually want to look for it, so it's ok...  ::)
Definitely! But I'm in a hotel room with crappy internet access and I had to take one of the first hits...

Offline J.R. Darewood

• aka Duckly Breadgood
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
  • Zork. And it was all downhill from there.
    • View Profile
    • Nerd Empire
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2019, 04:53:32 AM »
I thought this was an April fool's joke but I'm so glad it's still up. I am now 100% committed to writing erotica this month

Offline Magnus Hedén

• High Lord of commas and Grand Master of semicolons
  • Godling
  • My name is Magnus. I make stuff up.
    • View Profile
    • My Patreon
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2019, 11:26:39 AM »
Well, if I do this, it will be for the challenge of writing something I've never even considered before. Hmm...

I do keep meaning to participate in these. And I do believe in doing things we're uncomfortable with.
You can find stories on my Patreon
I'm also on Twitter and the Book of Faces

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2019, 06:22:57 PM »
This may turn out to be the most embarrassing month ever, I'm kind of relishing that!
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Online ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2019, 06:37:15 PM »
I have to be honest: when xia proposed this theme I thought it's be an April Fools one so I said "go ahead" - little did I know it was a serious theme ;D :-[
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline xiagan

• Powers That Be
  • Elderling
  • Master Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2019, 07:47:54 PM »
I have to be honest: when xia proposed this theme I thought it's be an April Fools one so I said "go ahead" - little did I know it was a serious theme ;D :-[
Or in other words: I April fooled you! :D

Online ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2019, 07:56:49 PM »
Oh! So you did ;D

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline xiagan

• Powers That Be
  • Elderling
  • Master Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2019, 08:51:35 PM »
Oh! So you did ;D
And maybe the rest too because this year's April fools (we had one for years, if you remember) was that there wasn't an April fools. ;)

Offline xiagan

• Powers That Be
  • Elderling
  • Master Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2019, 06:58:33 PM »
Reminder that you can post anonymously of you aren't comfortable posting under your normal name.

Offline Peat

• Gentleman Bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2019, 12:25:50 PM »
When I checked back in to see what the theme was out of curiousity, this was not what I was expecting...
This is the blog of Peat - http://peatlong.blogspot.co.uk/

Online ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2019, 01:04:20 PM »
When I checked back in to see what the theme was out of curiousity, this was not what I was expecting...
Does this mean you'll give it a try? ;D