June 19, 2019, 10:30:51 PM

Author Topic: [Apr 2017] - Scavenger Hunt - Discussion Thread  (Read 21639 times)

Online ScarletBea

• Welcome party and bringer of Cake. 2nd-in-Command of the Writing Contest
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Geeky Reading Introvert
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
Re: [Apr 2017] - Scavenger Hunt - Discussion Thread
« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2017, 04:37:39 PM »
oh :(
But it was such a cool idea...
At home in the Fantasy Faction forum!

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline m3mnoch

« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2017, 02:26:33 AM »
in!  thanks for waiting, bea!

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2017, 07:34:31 PM »
@ScarletBea when will you have the time to put up the voting thread? I'm almost done reading everything, there are so few stories this month!!

@m3mnoch, 1st person present tense? Welcome to the club man. And dark? Wow. Glad I wrote a 3rd person present tense pointless love story, cause the competition would have been too dire otherwise  :P
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Online ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2017, 07:38:56 PM »
I usually do it in the mornings, but now I'm going to work earlier and more often, so I should actually change that. I'll do it later if I'm able ( or tomorrow morning at the latest)

"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all" - Douglas Adams

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2017, 12:31:29 AM »
That's alright. No rush! I guess I found it odd not to see it by the second but I'd forgotten that the subs were closed later, meaning it's actually all in good time.   :-X
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Offline m3mnoch

« Reply #80 on: May 03, 2017, 02:53:05 AM »
That's alright. No rush! I guess I found it odd not to see it by the second but I'd forgotten that the subs were closed later, meaning it's actually all in good time.   :-X

eep!  yeah.  my fault.  sorry!

Online ScarletBea

• Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • View Profile
    • LibraryThing profile
« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2017, 08:46:56 AM »
It's up!
I actually prepared it last night but only posted now, this way brits and aussies can see it 'live' and americans have the results as they wake up, hehe

(and Eclipse, I DID get the dates right this time ;D)

Offline Nora

• Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2017, 09:32:01 AM »

eep!  yeah.  my fault.  sorry!

Hardly something to be sorry about since I was the one who delayed the month before! I'd simply forgotten.