November 24, 2020, 09:00:39 AM

Author Topic: [Apr 2015] - Plot Twist! Werewolf, Vampire, Goat - Discussion Thread  (Read 47411 times)

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
Re: [Apr 2015] - Plot Twist! Werewolf, Vampire, Goat - Discussion Thread
« Reply #135 on: April 30, 2015, 12:45:53 PM »

I more worried about the spread of Goat fever. There seems to be an awful lot of goat related stuff in people's profile summaries. Perhaps we need to hire a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chupacabra to have a cull?
I mean, @Atku can't win if he's lying bloodless and drained in a Puertorican field now can he?
You horrible excuse for human being, you.  >:(  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Totally kidding. Really.  ::)
(sends troop of Stormgoats to expunge the island of Puerto Rico)
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com

Offline Lady Ty

• Blessed River Lady and Defender of Baby Dragons
  • Ta'veren
  • So-Old-That-She-Can-Nearly-Be-Called-Oldest-Ty
« Reply #136 on: April 30, 2015, 01:02:00 PM »
I more worried about the spread of Goat fever. There seems to be an awful lot of goat related stuff in people's profile summaries. Perhaps we need to hire a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chupacabra to have a cull?
I mean, @Atku can't win if he's lying bloodless and drained in a Puertorican field now can he?
'

That is soooo sad, don't start Grimdarking  Atku.   :'( :'(

OMGG If we follow up on Nora's suggestion of contest subject being other members you and your ghastly Chupacabra's better watch out  @wakarimasen :o  Even my dragons wouldn't bloodsuck, that's only for common vamps ::)

I love having jokes on this forum and the goats and wolves and hounds and of course dragons are wonderful. Not going to enter into the no of subs discussion, that's for mods and writers to decide. I'll just read and enjoy.
“This is the problem with even lesser demons. They come to your doorstep in velvet coats and polished shoes. They tip their hats and smile and demonstrate good table manners. They never show you their tails.” 
Leigh Bardugo, The Language of Thorns: Midnight Tales and Dangerous Magic

Offline Rukaio_Alter

• Writing Contest Regular and Ineffectual Comic Relief
  • Writing Group
  • Ambient Mage
« Reply #137 on: April 30, 2015, 02:41:23 PM »
One submission makes sense. I could see myself getting carried away with a case of the "ooo..ooo...what about..?"s if I could do more. Equally, one of the reasons I've posted to this forum's comps and pretty much nowhere else, is the relaxed attitude. I think a gag entry now and then is fine, surely no one takes it too seriously?
I'd have gone for this friendly goat eater myself. Admittedly, there may be a bit of collateral damage, but hey, it's a T-Rex. I'm not gonna tell it no.

5 Times Winner of the Forum Writing Contest who Totally Hasn't Let it All go to his Head.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Also, <Insert GOD EMPEROR OF THE WRITING CONTEST joke here>

Offline wakarimasen

• Writing Contest Regular
  • Builder
  • Currently suffering multiple story disorder...
« Reply #138 on: April 30, 2015, 03:23:31 PM »
Certainly more intimidating than the one on the Wikipedia page...
Spoiler for Hiden:
To be honest it looks more like Chups there is going to rub his claws together and try to sell @Atku a knock off alien Rolex for his horns. Perhaps he is, and the whole "I'm going to suck him dry" was simply a misunderstanding of his trading intent.

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
« Reply #139 on: April 30, 2015, 03:41:52 PM »
Yay! unless we have some kiwis on the forum, the first of us in the kangaroo lands just passed the month. I don't remember getting excited like that at the turn of a month in many years!  :P

"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Offline Henry Dale

• The Unsummonable and a Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Gentleman Bastard
« Reply #140 on: April 30, 2015, 03:52:48 PM »
Determined by Belgium's mooning towards France it is still Thursday evening, april 30. Will have to disappoint you, @Nora

Offline Nora

• Dropped in from another planet avec son sourire provocateur - et Hades and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
« Reply #141 on: April 30, 2015, 04:11:37 PM »
Determined by Belgium's mooning towards France it is still Thursday evening, april 30. Will have to disappoint you, @Nora

That's alright, I'm going to bed now, at 1.15am. Knowing the new topic of the month would not help!
"She will need coffee soon, or molecular degeneration will set in. Her French phrasing will take over even more strongly, and soon she will dissolve into a puddle of alienation and Kierkegaardian despair."  ~ Jmack

Wishy washy lyricism and maudlin unrequited love are my specialty - so said Lady_Ty

Offline Raptori

• Barbarian who does not use the Oxford comma and Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • the prettiest kitty cat in the world
« Reply #142 on: April 30, 2015, 04:19:49 PM »
My boss just gave me a ton of work which needs to be done by tomorrow. Unless there's still 24-36 hours left, there's little chance we'll get the story done in time.  :(
I wish the world was flat like the old days, then I could travel just by folding a map.

Offline Nora

• Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
  • The Explorer
« Reply #143 on: April 30, 2015, 04:21:39 PM »
My boss just gave me a ton of work which needs to be done by tomorrow. Unless there's still 24-36 hours left, there's little chance we'll get the story done in time.  :(

Worse come to worse, post it in critics. I'm sure you'll get reviews on it. I'd definitely give you mine.

Offline Raptori

• Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
« Reply #144 on: April 30, 2015, 04:42:11 PM »

Worse come to worse, post it in critics. I'm sure you'll get reviews on it. I'd definitely give you mine.
We probably wouldn't bother finishing it actually, since it's only halfway through the first draft at the moment. If we can't get it ready in time then there's little point wasting time on it when we have so much other stuff to do. Thanks anyway though!
I wish the world was flat like the old days, then I could travel just by folding a map.

Offline xiagan

• Writing Contest Organizer
  • Powers That Be
  • Ringbearer
  • Master Procrastinator
« Reply #145 on: April 30, 2015, 08:41:51 PM »
I'll close it Friday evening (GMT +1).
"Sire, I had no need of that hypothesis." (Laplace)

Offline Raptori

• Writing Group
  • Dragonrider
« Reply #146 on: April 30, 2015, 09:10:36 PM »
Awesome, thanks!  :D

Offline ArcaneArtsVelho

• Secretly I'm laughing about jurassic raccoon testicles. And a Writing Contest Regular
  • Auror
  • Only partially responsible for my custom title.
« Reply #147 on: April 30, 2015, 09:31:44 PM »
Thank you, Xi! :)

I, yet again, overshot the word count limit by a significant margin, so I really appreciate the additional time to prune my story.
Everything I wrote above is pure conjecture. I don't know what I'm talking about.

I'm a perfectionist but not very good at anything. That's why I rarely finish things.

Offline Elfy

• Writing contest regular
  • Powers That Be
  • Big Wee Hag
    • Purple Dove House
« Reply #148 on: May 01, 2015, 01:21:10 AM »
Just a question, what does RW stand for?
I will expand your TBR pile.

http://purpledovehouse.blogspot.com

Offline JMack

• Hircum Magna Rex of the Fabled Atku Temple, and writing contest regular
  • Writing Group
  • Big Wee Hag
  • Our daily efforts are love poems to the universe.
    • Tales of Starlit Lands
« Reply #149 on: May 01, 2015, 01:34:36 AM »
Just a question, what does RW stand for?
Real world
Change, when it comes, will step lightly before it kicks like thunder. (GRMatthews)
You are being naive if you think that any sweet and light theme cannot be strangled and force fed it's own flesh. (Nora)
www.starlit-lands.com