June 01, 2020, 09:58:58 AM

Author Topic: [Apr 2014] - Write about Jake/Lynn! - Discussion Thread  (Read 10363 times)

Offline TOMunro

Re: [Apr 2014] - Write about Jake/Lynn! - Discussion Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2014, 11:46:17 PM »
OK, mine's up.  More grimdark than lightheart, but I think it fits the brief.

Offline TOMunro

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2014, 08:13:42 AM »
Nicely done wizardy-k9, very tight on the brief and with both characters in it! impressive

Offline ACSmyth

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2014, 09:53:34 AM »
Where are your stories, guys? Is the theme too hard or too boring for you? ;)

I normally read the theme, think "Nope, got nuthin'," and assume I won't write anything that month. But within a day or two there's usually something niggling away in my head. This time, I think I really got nuthin'. But that could be because I've got two other writing projects actively in progress, another out with betas, and another that I'm waiting to get back with requested revisions from the editors. So maybe my brain is just too overloaded this month.

Offline Maxfield

• Writing Contest Regular
  • Coreling
  • It takes two to tango, but a forum to have fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2014, 04:50:28 PM »
That's mine up - I've attempted to target this at the female audience, but this is the first time I have done this, so any feed back from the good lady's on this forum will be appreciated. If it didn't make you laugh then I have failed :(

Although I'm personally happy with it and this is how I would start the book off - And I am actually thinking of putting this a side for a future project on a book called Berlynn Brown,  as I believe I can write a good comedy based on this character. If that's ok!!

Offline xiagan

• Writing Contest Organizer
  • Powers That Be
  • Ringbearer
  • Master Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2014, 04:52:22 PM »
And I am actually thinking of putting this a side for a future project on a book called Berlynn Brown,  as I believe I can write a good comedy based on this character. If that's ok!!
Sure it is. :) Thanks for entering!
"Sire, I had no need of that hypothesis." (Laplace)

Offline Saraband

• Haggis eater, fantasy scribbler and a Writing Contest Regular
  • Writing Group
  • Master Namer
  • Geeky Reading (and Writing) Introvert
    • View Profile
    • BrawBlether
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2014, 10:08:59 PM »
Made my debut this month, with a story spiced with some Arabian Nights love - a bazaar, a magical lamp, and a wish-granting Djinn.

It was a challenge, but I think that's part of the purpose of having a contest such as this one. It pulls us out of our comfort zone, and hopefully we grow with it.

Hope you like it!  :)

By the way, the numbers of the rules are screwed up. Missing a couple of them! (Or was it on purpose, in order to convey some sort of secret message? *conspiracy theory brewing*)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 10:18:23 PM by M. G. Boronha »
https://brawblether.com

"Poor gauzy souls trying to express ourselves in something tangible." - F. S. Fitzgerald

"Wherever I wander, wherever I rove,
The hills of the Highlands for ever I love." - Robert Burns

Offline Danielle Angeli

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2014, 05:19:48 AM »
My story is now up :) First time I have entered! The theme was a little unusual so I was surprised by how quickly an idea formed for me, and it's an idea I really like, too.  I'm glad I took the time out to write this because I had a lot of fun with it and I got to use a little inspiration from the year I spent living in Scotland. Only down point is this made me miss it even more.
Anyway, thanks for the opportunity! I think I will be entering more often :)
"Make them laugh; make them cry; make them wait" - Charles Dickens

Offline ladygreen

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2014, 10:31:40 PM »
I'm up!  This one was a bit tough for me, so I hope you all think it turned out ok.  By the way, nice job Danielle Angeli...very mysterious!  I enjoyed reading yours quite a bit.

Offline xiagan

• Writing Contest Organizer
  • Powers That Be
  • Ringbearer
  • Master Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2014, 03:03:02 PM »
By the way, the numbers of the rules are screwed up. Missing a couple of them! (Or was it on purpose, in order to convey some sort of secret message? *conspiracy theory brewing*)
Yeah, I took some rules out that don't apply this month and forgot to change the numbers. :)

This month's theme was apparently a bit harder - if you still want to participate, be sure to make use of the weekend, the month's nearly over!
"Sire, I had no need of that hypothesis." (Laplace)

Offline Danielle Angeli

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2014, 05:33:04 AM »
By the way, nice job Danielle Angeli...very mysterious!  I enjoyed reading yours quite a bit.

Thanks ladygreen! I also enjoyed reading yours. Loved how you interpreted the 'truth' theme, very well done :)
"Make them laugh; make them cry; make them wait" - Charles Dickens

Offline Liselle

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2014, 10:28:45 PM »
Phew, done for this month! Now I can enjoy having a read over the other entries, it was a tricky theme, looking forward to seeing how everyone else tackled it on my morning bus journey. :)
“Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” Anton Chekhov