October 18, 2019, 10:00:12 AM

Author Topic: [April 2013] Time Travel - Discussion Thread  (Read 11209 times)

Offline Idlewilder

Re: [April 2013] Time Travel - Discussion Thread
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2013, 05:51:32 PM »
I asked Idlewilder last night on twitter and he said this months challenge would be extended until Friday because the site has been downfor the past couple of days and the deadline was up before we got it back.  :)

Yep - Jeni is right. Contest is now running until 12pm GMT Friday.  :)

TILL FRIDAY?! SWEET! I can finish my story tonight <_< Thank you! Now I just...Have to scrap everything I wrote on it so far because it's utter poo.

Remember that it's GMT - so essentially that's 18 hours from the time of this post:)
Make Another World.

Offline blendyface

« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2013, 06:33:17 PM »
Aw man, I love that there's an extension but I am beyond stumped. Got an idea, but no clue what to do with it! So, since only a few hours remain: I had an idea about breaking one of the basic timetravel rules - what if, when someone travelled back in time to kill you, the present you didn't die? I thought it might be interesting in terms of discrimination re:religion and superstition, poltical technicalities (they'd be legally undead?), and the opportunity for a killer cold-open baddum-tsh (eg., "I was killed by an explosion," she said slowly."I think."). But yeah, no amount of mulling gave me anything good enough to post- not with y'all competition, leastways. So if anybody can give this idea a loving home  ::)

Offline Jeni

« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2013, 01:33:20 AM »
Done!

I actually really enjoyed doing this. Way more than I thought I would.

Offline Neila

« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2013, 05:01:01 AM »
I figured getting it posted by Thursday (Texas time) would ensure it getting done by Friday y'alls time.

Also I think what I submitted is poo but at least poo is something. 

Must make sure to work on my entry more for the next month. I had some trouble focusing on it and getting my ideas to work this month. Being sick with allergy problems didn't help.

Thank you again for doing writing contests like this! It's great practice! :D